23. goodbye

Jaei called Bitna over a day before she left.

"I figured it'd be stupid if we didn't say proper goodbyes." Jaei smiled at Bitna.

"It's not like you're going far away," Bitna shrugged, "I'm planning on visiting during breaks, just so you know."

"I'll treat you to a meal in New York, then," Jaei nodded.

"Jaei, I know you're not going to New York," Bitna said, taking Jaei by surprise, "Make sure to tell your mother I said hello, I'm expecting you to do that before I visit."

"How did you know?" Jaei asked in disbelief.

"Your dad and my dad are acquaintances working together on suing Jooshin group, remember?" Bitna replied.

"My dad's suing Jooshin Group?" Jaei gasped.

"My dad will talk him out of it for a sum of cash," Bitna reassured her.

"If he wants to sue them, then I have no say in it," Jaei shrugged, "I'm fine with whatever he does, it's not like he'll listen to anything I say anyway."

"You should at least tell him you wouldn't want him to sue Jooshin," Bitna said, "Who knows? He might even listen to you."

"I can try, but I doubt it'll end with my satisfaction." Jaei replied, "Anyway, I'm not mad at you for what you did. I think it's what everyone at Jooshin deserves, as cruel as it is."

"You know I'm not backing down, right?" Bitna asked, "You still have time to move out of my way and not get hurt."

"I am moving out of your way, silly," Jaei smiled, "I'm moving away. I won't be able to stop you or block you from doing whatever you want to Rian, and even if I stayed, I know I wouldn't be able to change your mind."

Bitna never blamed Jaei for choosing Rian over her, even though her actions might've suggested otherwise. Therefore, she couldn't forgive Jaei, because the girl didn't do anything that Bitna would need an apology for.

The two always had their ups and downs, and this was just one of them, a little more severe than usual, but nothing they couldn't overcome.

"I suppose you'd like to stay in touch just as much as me," Bitna changed the subject, "Kang Ha has basically been the only person I could confide in after you left for New York, but I'd like to restore the level of friendship and trust we had before all of this."

"I'd like that, too," Jaei nodded, "Best friends?"

"Until life or death do us part."