Chapter 11 | Hangover's Can Sometimes Be Fun

Chapter 11.

"I think I'm dying," I groaned as I walked into the kitchen at 1pm on Sunday, the morning after the party. I had woken up with a splitting headache and a dizzy brain. I walked into the kitchen to find everyone standing around or sitting at the table. I spotted Will sitting at the table, slouched low in his chair with dark sunglasses over his eyes and his arms folded across his chest.

I moved slowly and sluggishly as I walked over to the table and flopped down into a chair beside him. I reached up and took the sunglasses off of his head and put them on my own, sighing in relief as they dimmed the bright light of the kitchen.

"Hey!" he grumbled throatily, but made no move to take them back which I was grateful for.

"It's called a hangover sweetie," Eleanor smiled angelically as she bit into an apple. I saw Yvette and Jamie laughing at me quietly and sent them a glare, which I wasn't sure they saw due to the sunglasses.

"I think I'm dying," I repeated, my stomach churned uncomfortably and my head felt as though it had been hit with a brick.

"What happened to you two last night anyways?" Yvette asked, "One minute I saw the both of you dancing and then the next minute you were both passed out on the hallway floor."

"They drunk the devil's drink," Jamie whispered conspiratorially, earning him a glare from Yvette.

I groaned. "How did we get home?" I asked them. I could remember everything up until we had stopped dancing and sat down on the hall floor.

"Jamie, Eleanor, Arianna and I all had to carry you into the car since you were both zonked out," Yvette told me and I groaned again, embarrassed.

In my 18 years of life I had never done anything this embarrassing.

I glanced at Will, since he was so quiet, to find him just looking down at the table. He had dark circles under his eyes and I was pretty sure that I looked just as bad, probably worse.

"I'm really sorry guys," I apologized and Jamie laughed loudly.

"Don't stress it Maisie, we've all been there," Jamie assured me. I smiled weakly, just as my stomach churned uncomfortably and I felt bile rising in my throat. I jumped up quickly and raced to the bathroom, reaching the toilet just in time to empty my stomach into it.

I was never drinking again.

<><><>

I spent the rest of Sunday lying on my bed, trying to recover from all of the poison I had drunken from the night before. After throwing up everything I had in my stomach I had felt slightly better, but still felt pretty crappy.

I had been sprawled out on my bed, scrolling through my phone with the screen brightness set to the lowest setting because of my headache, when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called.

The door swung open slowly and Will poked his head in.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Will asked hesitantly. I was instantly curious.

"Yeah, of course," I said, sitting up slowly and motioning him into the room.

"Last night was crazy," he laughed, sitting down in my desk chair and looking around my room. "I still feel slightly drunk."

"Me too," I laughed, but when that made my head hurt I decided to lie back down again. "So what's up?" I asked him.

I watched as he fiddled with his thumbs and looked down at my carpet.

"I didn't know who else to talk to," he began, "so about what you saw the other day..." he trailed off just as my phone started to ring in my hands.

"Uh sorry," I apologized, embarrassed.

"Oh, no its cool. You should take that," he encouraged. I smiled in apology as I answered the call.

"Maisie!" a voice rang out through the phone.

"Yes? Who is this?" I asked.

"Its Juan!" the voice exclaimed, "from work, remember?"

"Yes I remember," I said, "what's up?" I asked him.

"Ok so here's the deal. Caitlin called in sick so we're short staffed and really busy. Who would have thought that so many people would want fro-yo in this weather?" Juan laughed. "So would you be able to come in?" he asked.

"Um yeah of course!" I said and my headache immediately intensified. Oh well, I'll just take some painkillers. "I can be there in 15," I said.

"Fantastic! You're the best Maisie!" Juan hollered before the line went dead. I looked up from my phone at Will apologetically.

"I'm sorry I have to..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"Go. Yeah its fine," he smiled and waved off my apology good naturedly. I studied him curiously.

"Are you ok? We can talk later," I suggested. He shook his head and stood from my desk.

"Um I'm actually going to be out later so its cool. Don't worry about it Maisie," he said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly before exiting my room. I stood in the middle of my room for a few minutes after he had left.

What did he want to talk to me about?

I forced myself to forget about it for the moment and concentrated on getting ready for work quickly.

<><><>

"Wow girl did you get hammered?"

That was the first thing that Juan said to me when I walked into Fromama 15 minutes later.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked him as I put my bag in the back room and grabbed an apron to start helping Juan serve customers. The place was packed.

"Hell yeah. What the hell were you drinking to make you look like that the day after?" he asked, laughing as he handed a girl her cup of froyo.

I groaned and held my face in my hands. I didn't exactly have time to make myself very presentable. "I'm never drinking again," I decided.

"Aw don't be like that Maisie. I'm happily surprised. I thought you were the type of person to never get drunk," Juan laughed.

"You thought I was a prude?" I asked but I wasn't exactly surprised.

"Hell yeah," he said, but he grinned at me good-naturedly before calling up the next person to be served.

I found myself enjoying the rest of my shift, even though my head still felt like someone had hit it with a hammer. Juan was a very fun person to work with. He just had the type of personality that had everyone around him smiling along with him.

I guess getting drunk wasn't that bad.

AN: OMG finally an update! I feel as though this chapter is more of a filler, which is why I lost motivation to update. But I think I might be getting more into the swing of things now so hopefully there will be more updates! Please let me know what you think. Comment and Vote if you likey! :) x