Chapter 15 | Interrogations

Chapter 15

I startled awake abruptly, disoriented and confused as to where I was. After a moment I realized that I was in my bed, in my dorm room, with my curly hair flattened to one side of my face and I was wearing the clothes that I had been wearing the previous day.

It took me a moment to remember last night's events but I finally remembered falling asleep on the couch. More importantly, falling asleep on a warm, solid chest.

Will's chest.

A blush rose to my cheeks and I groaned quietly. He must have carried me to bed. I remembered crying and almost died from embarrassment.

How could I face him?

I reached for my phone to check the time and gasped as I saw that it was 11am. I rarely ever slept this late. I frowned as I saw that I had 5 missed calls from Natasha and three voicemails from her.

Worried that something was wrong I went to call her back but just as my phone was dialing her number, it died. I cursed softly and reached for the charger that was beside my bed.

Telling myself that it was nothing to worry over I made myself walk to the bathroom whilst I waited for my phone to come back to life. In the bathroom mirror I splashed some water on my face, grimacing at the dark circles under my eyes and my out of control curls.

I tried to finger come my curls into submission but after a minute I realized that the attempt was futile. Turning away from the mirror I exited the bathroom only to bump into someone right outside the door.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, looking up and finding Will. I sighed, my embarrassment from the previous night coming back and making my cheeks burn.

"Don't worry about it," Will shrugged, an easy smile slipping onto his face but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. He seemed slightly distracted and I wondered why.

"I'm also sorry about last night," I began, avoiding eye contact. I stared at the hall wall straight ahead of me, studying the chipped paint so that I wouldn't have to look at him and face the awkward situation between us. "Yesterday was just a really important day for me and I was emotional and tired and yeah... I'm sorry," I apologised, peeking a glance at his face. He was staring down at me, looking torn?

"Maisie..." he trailed off, he looked to be debating with himself on what to say but finally ended up just saying, "there's someone here to see you."

"Who?" I asked, curiously. I didn't have any visitors that I was expecting. An uncomfortable feeling settled in my gut as I remembered the missed calls from my sister.

"They're waiting in the living room for you," was all he said as he placed a hand on the small of my back and led me towards the living room. Usually the feel of his hand on my back would make my flustered but all I could think about was who was 'visiting' me.

We rounded the corner and I stopped dead in my tracks at the two people who stood beside the living room coffee table. My stomach churned uncomfortably and I suddenly felt as though I might throw up.

Natasha, my sister was currently nodding her head as she listened intently to the female police officer that was speaking to her.

At my entrance both heads swiveled towards me and I gasped at the officers familiar face. I felt my heart stop and I shrunk away from going any closer, curling into the body beside me.

Will's hand on my back slid further around me, holding the side of my hip as I curled my body closer to him, and further away from the officer.

The officer turned her head away from me to look at my sister. She spoke in a hushed voice that I couldn't hear. I saw my sister shake her head slightly in response to the police officer.