Nine

"Eee! Eee! Eee! Oh! Oh! Oh!" The gang and I hear and we scream spinning around and it was just Ham.

He busts up laughing "Hey check me out I'm the mighty King Kong!"

I roll my eyes at his foolishness. He always has to act immature!

For once in his life I don't think he has ever been serious. I always am serious.

We gave him a peed off look and start throwing punches at him (of course not actual ones that hurt).

He starts to dodge some "Hey! C'mon! It was a joke, ya dopes! Do I look like a monkey?!"

I give him a look, if looks could kill he would be dead in an instant and he cowards back from my glare and I smile in triumph.

Kids with matching caps and shirts comes out behind Ham. We straighten up.

Ham turns around and he makes a 'ugh' noise. So does the rest of the gang, and Ham moves back to us.

We look at them and I make a face. It had to be Phillips and his little followers.

"Yeah. Ya smell like one too. Hey guys, it's the sandlot babies!" Phillips yells. I scoff.

"Skin yer knees lately sliding on rocks?!" A random guys says from Phillips group.

"Shut up, blockhead," Ham shouts, but he doesn't listen "What're you gonna do, Porter? Sit on me?!" I gave him a death glare.

Technically he was making a fat joke. Even if Ham was chubby it doesn't mean people make fun of it.

I hate when people make fat jokes, because that is really rude and unacceptable.

Phillips speaks up "Rodriquez, why do you hang around with a bunch of rejects and a slut, man?"

I scoff and was about to go at him, but got held back by the boys.

Phillips continues "You could be playin' with us on an official American Youth League certified big time diamond. You'd make the Allstar team easy."

I rolled my eyes. He just wants Benny on the team so he can win. All he wants to do is win.

He's not gonna get Benny. He's with us and that's for sure.

He wouldn't ditch us for someone like Phillips. I would never speak to him again.

Phillips is the worst person in the world and I'm being totally honest and wouldn't forgive Benny for doing that.

But sorry if I'm sounding like a snob and a brat, but it's the truth.

You would never forgive him neither, unless he does something that makes you forgive him.

"Play us and you'll find out why, Phillips," Benny says. I smirk at Phillips.

REJECTED REJECTED YEAH YOU JUST GOT R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D REJECTED!

Yeah, back at my old school I was a cheerleader, but honestly, I really hated cheer.

My mom made me do it. I only did it for her because I love her and would do anything for her.

"Forget it, we play real ball, not with toy bats and sneakers!" Phillips yelled. Awe boo hoo.

That's what he gets for trying to be a sneaky little shit. He must be disappointed...

Oh well!

The punks (AKA Phillips and his followers) head off, laughing as they go.

Huh, guess he's not that disappointed. Eh who cares.

We glare at them as they head off. Punks thought they could get my boyfr- friend to go with them.

"Benny, man, are we gonna let 'em get away with that?!" Squints shouts at Benny.

"Yeah. For now. Let's go." Benny says as we walk off.

~~~~~~~
Wow I updated pretty fast guys. Another chapter is coming today pretty soon, so get ready! I'm almost finished writing it, but might take a while. So be ready! 2 updates in one night! Also, sorry this is short! The next one will be too! That's because I'm doing 2 updates. Maybe even another one after the next one of I feel like it.

{664 words}