Chapter One~The End of My Life

"Hey!" I smiled at my friend Lulu, who was in 10th grade, a grade above me. "Get in!" she laughed and cranked up the stereo. I giggled and jumped into the passenger side.

Lulu looked at my clothes. "Oh, my God!" she said, rolling her eyes. "You look like you're going to fifth grade picture day!" I groaned. "I know. Did you bring my clothes?" "Yeah, Viki, you're going to look so hot!" I smiled and gazed at the clothes, wrapped tightly in plastic bags. I was wearing a black crop top, cut just below my belly button and booty shorts with holes filled in with white ad black lace. Gold chains and gold earrings completed my sexy look.

I dressed in the passenger side, waving to a oogling driver two cars over. I pulled the rearview mirror over so I could put my earrings in. Lulu insisted I looked hot enough for a college party and asked about her clothes. "You look as hot as ever," I told her.

Suddenly, our song came on, and we began to car-dance to Uptown Funk. Lulu sang along and I had my hands up.

A semi came barreling towards us. Lulu screamed and jerked the wheel. W e rolled and I hit my head on the top of the car, then the back of the seat. Finally, the car came to a rest.

I tried to open my eyes but I realized--my eyes were open! "Lu? Are you OK? Lu?" I moaned. "No," I heard someone move and then a piercing scream. "My leg--God--I think it's broken..." gasped Lulu. I rolled over. "Viki! Oh my God--you're eyes! God, no! God, no!" Sirens wailed and came closer. I laid down in defeat. My eyes? What was wrong?

Lulu sobbed. "God, our clothes! Our parents!" "We're dead!" I agreed.

A knock came from the window, followed by metal on metal. "Are you girls OK? One sec, paramedics here!" Hands on my arm. "What is wrong?" asked a male voice. "I can't see." "Open." I did and I heard him take a deep breath. "They've already gone white," he murmured. He started calling all sorts of paramedic mumbo jumbo and then the world went darker than it had become.