Oblivion

ೃ⁀➷ "Heaven never heard me callin', guess this is the reason I feel like hell. "

                __Days ___go___

                 ______by______ ׂ

Maybe I was losing my mind or I'd lost some sort of essential insight, but ever since mother's death the Red Keep seemed to lose its natural glow. Nothing was as eventful and exciting as it should be anymore. Instead I spent my time searching for the excitement.

Rhaenyra and I stood side by side, as well stood next to the  Commander of the City watch. My eyes took in every man below.

My face scrunched in confusion as I stared down at the lot of them. My gaze unwavering and stern, these men were old. Old enough to be my father's older brother and they wanted to protect us?

I nearly laughed.

The more I stared the less impressed I became. I was about to turn to my sister when I caught the eyes of forest green.

They captivated me in a sense that I couldn't look away. They dared me to look away , dared me to look away.

I tilted my head as I took in his appearance, he was not Dornish, neither was he middle eastern, he had black shoulder length hair, striking green eyes and was very pale in complexion. His jawline was rather impressive, it was sharp and made him look almost like a prince. He was handsome , that was for sure and by the looks of it, as my eyes trailed further down his form, he was well built too.

"Ser," I whispered softly, moving to stand a bit closer to him. "Who is the one with the black armor?"

Rhaenyra's attention was suddenly in the mystery knight as well, she looked a bit impressed by him as well.

"That would be Ser Kaisen Hawthorne, his father is a lord of the North . Lord Bale Hawthorne.
Knighted on his nineteenth moon."

Intrigued by his by his eyes I let him win looking away.

"I would like Ser Hawthorne as my sworn protector."

Ser Harrold gave a small nod and  turned back to the assemblage of knights.

"Ser Hawthorne Kaisen , you shall had to your new station, as sworn protector to Princess Raevenna."

I watched with dulled excitement as the knight below bowed to me and began to stride up the steps, biding a small goodbye to Rhaenyra, holding the edges of my skirt ,I walked briskly to meet him.

This could either become a great friendship or a dramatic horror story.

Ser Kaisen bowed respectfully when he stopped a step below me."At your service my princess."

"Yes. Do you know why you were chosen?" I queried.

Ser Kaisen merely shrugged, broad shoulders raising with such sped that I stood mesmerized for a second , before snapping my attention back to his eyes.