Prologue

Desolation Row.

Perhaps not the best place to live, but the only option for some.

In this town, you either watch your own back, or you get the ones you trust on your side. Then, you break the rules? You face the consequences.

But on Desolation Row, you don't betray anyone who trusts you.

Over there, though, across the border between cities, no one has to worry about keeping people close to them. They just worry about what pleasures they have to enjoy next.

And that's the way it's always been.

Gerard sticks close to his brother Mikey, his boyfriend Frank, Pete, and Bob (who's only there because he's a doormat who'd do anything to try to make the guys like him). They stay together, knives in their pockets, watching out for people intending to hurt them.

But it's okay. They grew up working switchblades, fighting the kids who messed with them.

Now, Inland Pike?

That's another story. People there are nervous around weapons, eat hearty meals each day, and shower more than necessary.

No one has to worry about a thing.

Ray and Patrick are used to the pampering lifestyle of living in Inland Pike.

They hate the kids on Desolation Row, and the feeling is mutual.

AN: I'm here, I'm back! I wasn't hurt! I just took a little break from writing. But I'm starting this new story, and it's a little different from things I've done before, so I hope you enjoy! XOXO -E