Chapter 1

Graces POV:

I woke up to the fimilliar sound of my alarm clock, this time not hitting snooze. I only had to hear it 15 more times before school is over, thank the lord!

I grabbed my phone and starting checkin social media and stuff like that. Not a big suprise I didn't get any text messages, beside the usually good morning text from Sarah which I get EVERY morning.

After about 15 minutes of doing who knows what on my phone I stepped out of bed and made my way to my bathroom. Even though it was only a couple yards away I was exhausted already.

I looked into my mirror at my disgusting morning self, "Just three more weeks!" I said huffing and began getting ready. I straighten my hair and applied my makeup, Foundation, Powder, eyeliner and mascara.

I looked at the time and it was already 7:15 and I have to leave at 7:30 to get to school on time. I walked into my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a loose white t shirt, then slipped on my white vans. My brown hair loosely fell on my shoulders and I grabbed my Juciy Couture perfume, spraying some on my wrist and chest.

I grabbed my North Face backpack and walked out my room toy kitchen. "Hey sweetie!" my mom, Johanna, said to me. "Hey mom." I said abruptly, grabbing myself a apple sitting in the fruit bowl in the middle of the counter.

"Do you know abo-" my mom started saying before I cut her off. "Mom I gotta go by love you." I said kissing her soft cheek before running out the door, grabbing my car keys on the way out.

I got into my black Lexus that use to be my moms and drove off to school. I pulled into the parking lot, turning off the engine and hopping out with my backpack on my shoulder.

I'm definitely not the coolest person in school but I'm not the weirdest one either. I just don't have a lot of friends I guess. My goal in high school isn't to be popular and go to all the parties and what not, my goal is to just graduate and start my career with a clean slate in a new place.

I walked through the parking looking around at all the different "cliques" you've got your druggies, your athletes, the normal ones you see in the movies.

I walked into the oh so fimilliar building. Thankfully this is my senior year so I won't have to walk through that many more times. I saw Sarah waking down the halls handing out flyers for something.

"Hey what's this?" I asked grabbing one of the Flyers out of her hands. "Senior Lake Party?" I read to her confused. "Yeah, it's the Friday we get out of school, your coming right?" she asked me. "Umm, you know I'm not sure we might be leaving that Friday." I lied shrugging my shoulders. Party's are not really my thing.

"Well that sucks because I'm forcing you to come, and I already asked your mom before I planned this, your not leaving for vacation until July, nice try though!" she faked smiled and I rolled my eyes.

Soon our other friend, Ben, walked up to us, he one really weird dude. "Hey guys!" he said waving awkwardly. Before any of us could say anything Sarah shoved a flyer in his chest. "Your coming, no questions about it!" Sarah said in her cheery voice then walked off to her class.

"Well I guess we don't have choice hun?" Ben said jokingly as we walked down the hall. "Yeah." I huffed and then smirked, He laughed a little bit. Ben, Sarah and I have been friends for a while, since freshman year. Sarah and Ben have been friends since 8th grade and I didn't have any friends, well I did, but that's another story. So they let me sit with them at lunch and we've been friends ever since.

The bell was soon about to ring so we said our goodbyes and walked off to our first periods. My first period happened to be animal science. Our senior year we can take any science class we want and animal science is what I choose.

Nick Robinson also happens to be in my class. His goals in school are being Mr. Popular and be every girls dream, he could care less about grades. He use to be different though, we use to be really good friends. Until he started dating Becca, Rebekah, he left me after he met her. Now we act like strangers to each other.

I walked into class and sat in the front of class as always. The bell rang and everyone was in class including the teacher and Nick, surprisingly.

"Okay everyone, for your end of the year project, you will partner up and choose any animal you want and learn everything about it and also, how it survives and adapts in its environment." Mrs. Morse said and the class groanded.

Everyone looked at each other until Mrs. Morse spoke up. "I'm picking your partners don't get to excited." she said and everyone groanded, again. I was actually happy because I wasn't friends with anyone in this class.

"Okay, um,
Jenny and Kaylin
Nicole and Olivia
Preston and Reid
Trey and Brianna
..." she went on and on until she came to my name, then I started listening. "Grace and uhh..." she stuttered. "Grace and Nick!" she said confindently.

Did she really partnered up me up with the one person I despise? Nick Robinson!

A.N.
THIS TOOK FOREVER FOR SOME REASON! Also I decided this is just gonna be a short story, like a 10 chapter thing! please comment what yall think and vote pretty please!! THANKS FOR READING!