Chapter 6

A.N.
Thanks for commenting and I'm so happy that people are enjoying this story makes me happy and also I need to focus on my other story so this will be last update for like a couple days or maybe a week!!

It's The Friday before prom and I still don't have a date, I mean I could care less but Sarah is going with this guy named Jeremy in her English class or something. Sarah may be an outcast, sorta, but she's definitely one of the prettiest girls in our school.

I was walking out to my car after a long and annoying day when Ben jogged up to me. "Hey uh, Grace wait up!" he yelled and turned around. "Hey Ben!" I said smiling. "Uh-hey." he said blushing and fiddling with his fingers. "I was um, wondering, if you wanted to, uh.." he kept stuttering with every word.

"Ben?" I questioned him. "Go to prom!" he finally said breathing and smiling nervously patting his thigh. "With me!" he said biting his lip. "I heard you were going and I wanted to know if you wanted to be my date..because you know, you're pretty and smart and funny and nice and beautiful!" he said and I began blushing.

I've never thought as Ben as someone to ever date he's always just been Tall, Dorky, Ben to me, who also happens to be my best friend. "Yeah of course that's so sweet of you!" I said to him. How could I say no?

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow night sound cool?" he said slowly walking backwards. "Yeah totally!" I said and waved bye. "See talk tomorrow G!" he yelled before running off to his car smiling like a little boy in a candy store. I jut laughed and walked to my car smiling about my dorky date.

I got in the car, throwing my bag in the passenger seat when I heard a knock on my window. I rolled it down and saw Nick standing there. "Hey Grace um, can we talk for a minute?" he asked and I nodded telling him to get in the passenger seat, I didn't want to stand outside on the heat.

I threw my bag in the back and he got in on the other side. "What's up?" I asked turning up the air conditioning. "I was wondering if you wanted to go get ice cream with me? catch up, we haven't had time to do that since we started talking again!" he said and I smiled. "Yeah why not."

He smiled and I pulled out driving to the fro-yo place a couple blocks away. We got and walked inside. I walked over with Nick to the cups and flavors. "Oooo what are you gonna get?" he asked looking at the different flavors. "Cake batter, it's what I always get!" I said laughing.

"This is so hard!" he said getting frustrated. I've never seen him so serious over fro-yo. "Fine I'm getting chocolate peanut butter!" he said swirling it into the bowl and I rolled my eyes.

I put Carmel and sprinkles on mine while Nick put nuts and chocolate syrup on his. We weighed them and he politely paid for them and we walked over to the bar with stools in the place.

"So where do we start?" I asked him digging into my fro-yo. "Well, how's your family?" he said. "Really?" I laughed. "What?!" he said and I laughed even harder. "They're fine, sisters in college, mom still works as a elementary school nurse and my dad is still working as a pilot." I said.

"That's cool, that's cool." he nodded eating his fro-yo. "What about your family?" I asked him. "My mom finished law school and now is a lawyer just like my dad. Then my siblings are well, still the same just a little taller." he joked and I laughed.

"Why did we stop talking G?" he said and I looked up at him. Yes I had to look up he's so tall. "You met Becca and found better friends and you seemed happier. I didn't want to ruin that for you so I just laid off and went on my way." I said playing with my spoon.

"Well I'm not happier." he said and I didn't look at him again. "I miss being with you all the time, I think about being with you all the time!" he said putting his arm around the back of my chair, leaning in to see my face.

"Then why didn't you come back to me? Why did I have to come running to you just to get knocked down again back to where I've been since freshman year?" I asked him looking at him. "Because I didn't want to disappoint anyone, I didn't want to make anyone upset again and hurt anyone." he said creasing my face.

our eyes darted to each other's lips and we were only inches away from kissing when a couple of loud mouth little kids came barging in like small trolls. Nick and I just laughed.

We talked some more before noticing we finished our fro-yo. We walked out of the place and got into my car so I could drop him off back at school to get his car.

"Well thanks a lot Grace, I had fun!" he said and I smiled. "Me too!" I said and by this time were leaned up against the side of my car. His hand went up to my face again and began leaning in when his phone began to ring.

he pulled it out and I saw that I was Becca. "I gotta go! Thanks, Grace, I had fun!" he said walking away and I just quietly waved while he answered his phone and we got into our cars.

Well now I'm having mixed emotions! Do I like Ben or am in love with Nick? Ben has everything! He's smart and gentle and kind and funny. Nick makes me feel alive and like old times again.

This is defiantly the hardest descision I've ever had to make..

A.N.
Comment what yall think and remember I love reading yalls comments they make me want to update sooner!! THANKS YALL FOR READING!!