Chapter 2

Grace's POV:

I can't believe she seriously paired me with the last person I wanted to be with! I looked back at Nick who was sitting there with a smirk on his face, I could tell he was as furious as me maybe even more. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the front.

"Okay everyone get with their partners and figure out which animal you are gonna do and come check with me and I will tell you if it's acceptable or not. Get started!" Mrs. Morse said. I knew Nick wasn't going to get up so that means I have to go to him.

I could tell everyone else was okay with their partners which made me furious. It's like she paired us together on purpose! I got up, carring my stuff with me and walked over to Nick. "Hey stranger!" he smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows together and pulled up a chair to his desk.

"After this project you will never speak to me again, is that clear?" I said looking at him. "Crystal. Why so sour Gracie?" he smirked and I wanted to slap him. "Don't call me that, ever!" I said to him and he just chuckled. Gosh he's so annoying.

"What animal are we gonna do?" I asked him. "Grace, we haven't talked since the 8th grade, I wanna catch up." he said. "Are you serious?" I asked looking at him. "Why are you being so mean, aren't you suppose to be nice?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm nice to people who aren't dick heads!" I spat and he rolled his eyes. "Mr. Robinson and Miss Taylor are you guys working?" the teacher asked and I nodded. "Sorry Mrs. Morse." I said and Nick just looked down at his paper.

"Okay Grace, I'll help you find an animal and you'll do the rest of the work, sound good?" Nick said just looking down at his phone searching for an animal. "What the hell, no! You're gonna help me with this! Working for the next 3 weeks won't hurt you!" I said to him and he rolled his eyes, again.

"Grace, Grace, Grace," he said shaking his head. "I have things better to do then this project but I still need to graduate, so you're gonna do the work considering you don't really have a social life like me and you actually have time to do it." he said to me and I punched him the arm.

"Yeah no! you'll help me with this project and if you don't you're not gonna graduate like you plan and you'll be stuck here instead of going off and doing who knows what, are you even going to college?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'm going to NYU but I'm not gonna be able to do that unless I pass this class and I can't pass unless I get a good grade on this stupid project!" he said sternly.

"News flash! You have to actually do the work to pass and it's not that fucking hard!" I whisper yelled and he furrowed his eyebrows together. "No wonder I don't hang out with you anymore!" he whispered coming close to my face.

"So, which animal do you want to do?" I smiled sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and looked back down at his phone. I looked down at his phone and he flipped me off which made me laugh. I saw that he was texting Becca, his girlfriend, which for some reason made me jealous. He should be paying attention to me not her! Why am I getting mad about this?

"Can I have some privacy?" he asked and I snapped out my daze. "What?" I said sounding like an idiot. "Just look up an animal or something." he said. "Why don't you stop texting and pay attention!" I said pretty loud so the teacher could hear. "Nick are you texting?" Mrs. Morse said and he gave me a stern look.

"No ma'am I'm looking at animals sorry." he said sweetly, putting on an act. "You better be!" she said making me giggle. "Fuck you!" he whispered close to my ear.

We spent the next 20 minutes of class looking for animal until we decided to do a box turtle, it was easy and simple to do. "Do you want me to come over to your house or something?" Nick asked me and I looked at him suprised. "Uh- yeah sure. My mom doesn't get home until 7 so that should be fine." I said to him. "What about your dad?" he asked. "He's on a business trip." I told him and he nodded.

"You still live in the same house right?" he asked and I looked at him weirdly. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I asked him and he shrugged. "I don't know asking jeez." he said. "I'll come over after school okay?" he asked and I nodded and left the classroom.

I went through 4 more class periods until I finally got to lunch. I walked into the cafeteria with Sarah by my side. She kept talking about the lake party, worried nobody would show but she put 'Free Booze' on the flyer so she shouldn't worry about nobody showing up.

We got our food from the lunch line and walked to our table. We sat down when Ben sat down joining us. "Okay I have to tell yall what happened today!" I said. I wanted to tell Sarah and Ben at the same time about the whole Nick thing.

"Okay spill! Sarah said and Ben nodded. "You're not gonna believe who I got partnered with for this project in animal science!" I said looking at them. "Who!" Sarah squealed. I forgot to mention she has a big crush on Nick since the 9th grade. "Nick Robinson!" I said and she yelped making some heads turn.

"You're so lucky!" she whispered after noticing people were staring. "Lucky? More like un-lucky!" I exclaimed. "Don't you guys hate each other?" Ben asked and I nodded eating the disgusting spegetti on my tray. Sarah kept clapping her hands and her eyes were all lit up meaning she had some idea in her little blonde brain.

This was gonna be a long last three weeks of school.

A.N.
Okay comment yalls thoughts and also there is a cast so if yall wanna see who everyone is and what not! Please vote, PLEASE! Also check out my other story about like bad boy Nick Robinson called 'Unexpected' thanks so much!!