Chapter 3

Graces POV:

I finished the last 3 periods of the day and then walked out to my car after the bell rang. "Hey Grace!" I heard someone yell, all though that voice is to fimilliar." "Yes Nick?" I huffed turning around.

"Hey change of plans, I can't come over, I'm going out with a couple of friends." Nick said and I rolled my eyes. "Okay, well then, you're gonna fail and I'm gonna go home and actually work on my project so I don't end up like you." I said pointing back at my car and smiling then turning on my heel.

"Woah woah woah, Grace." Nick said laughing and walking a little closer to me. "What?" I asked annoyed. "Fine, I'll come over." he said. Damn it. I really was dreading him coming over. "Okay." I said then got in my car. Before I did Nick yelled, "See you there Gracie!" and I flipped him, slamming the door shut.

I pulled out of the parking lot and turned on my radio, listening to some Twenty One Pilots. After the 10 minute drive home with Nick following behind me, I pulled up in my drive way, parking my car while Nick parked on the street.

Of course he's got a brand new Rubicon Jeep that was matte black, what a snob. My car might be a Lexus but it's 8 years old and reeks of dog hair and blown out speakers.

Nick and I walked up to my front door and I unlocked it. I live in a cute little house, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a little over 2,500 square feet. It's painted white and has a brick front porch that's as long as the house with a white wooden swing.

"Same little house huh?" Nick said as we walked in and I put my keys in the jar on the table in the front walk way. "Yep." I told him and walked straight through the hallway to my kitchen.

I passed by the stairs that turn upwards and is lined with pictures on the cream colored wall and the opening into the living room. I walked past the linen closet and office doors into the kitchen. Nick followed me slowly, looking at every square inch of my house.

"Stop acting like you've never been here before." I said grabbing a box of cheese-itz from the pantry. "It's been 4 years Grace." he said sarcastically standing behind me and reaching over me to grab a bag of potato chips. "We'll make yourself at home." I said sarcastically ducking under his arm.

He closed the pantry door and we turned back around to go upstairs. He stopped and looked at the array of picture magnets on my fridge. "Woah, is this Megan?" he asked pointing at a picture. "Yes why?" I asked him. Megan is my older sister.

"She turned out nicely." he said smirking and raising an eyebrow. "Stop that's weird." I said to him going up the first four stairs before turning to go up the next 8. "Where is she now?" he asked and I rolled my eyes turning around to face him. "She goes to UCLA." I stated annoyed. "Good for her." he mumbled under his breath.

We reached the top, making a right turn and we walked into my room. The stairs had a railing on it and if you took another right after going towards my room, you would go into the other bathroom besides my parents which was downstairs.

"Wow, your room changed!" he said as we walked in. "Uh yeah." I said walking towards my bed and throwing my bag on it. My rooms got wood floors and baby blue walls that had various picture frames and what not on them. I had a full size bed that was up against my wall that had a window on it and a nightstand next to it.

My bed frame was white wooden and old as fuck. Then I had a matching desk that was covered in junk next to my door. Then I had a big rug in the middle of my room and my closet door was across from my bed. Then I had boxes pulled around with labels on them.

"Sorry it's a mess, I'm packing for college." I told him turning towards Nick with my hands on my hips. "Did you get into Auburn?" he asked. I've been wanting to go to Auburn since the 7th grade. "Yeah, yeah I did." I told him smiling.

"We should get working!" I said to him and he nodded. We laid down on my bed, feet on the end and on our stomach. "Box turtles!" I said rolling my eyes and pulling out my binder for science. Nick laughed a little which my heart flutter, reminding me of old times.

"Okay so how about you find out how it survives and it's environment and I'll see it's predators and it's life cycle." I said to Nick. He just nodded, pulling out his phone and I did the same.

The entire time we looked for our info we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt. We completely forgot about our differences and our hatred for each other. He told me all about the crazy things he's done and how he almost got arrested and how he puked all over this random girl at a party. I told him about all my idiotic moments. How one time I was passing notes in class about my crush in 10th grade and the teacher read it to the whole class and how on the first week of school in 9th grade, I accidentally walked into the guys bathroom.

It felt good being with him again, laughing at each other. His smiled made my heart full with joy and the way he laughed and told his stories, man I missed it. We actually ended up getting the majority of the information we needed and made a plan on who's getting the poster and when we should do it.

We were having so much fun that we forgot to keep track of time and before we knew it, it was already 6:30. "Well um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I said to Nick while we stood at the door. "Uh, yeah I guess so." he said. I smiled and waved by and he just did a little half smile then walked off.

I know that tomorrow it will all just go back to normal.