3.0 » start off slow

Kaity and Luke stood at the end of the pier just before dusk. Kaity glanced over the white bulbs hanging off the boat that was tethered to the dock in admiration. They had spent all day working to make Michael's date night a success.

In reality, they had; but it hadn't even started yet. They had only decorated and worked everything out that needed to happen. Now all that was left was for the date to occur.

"It actually looks pretty good, you have to admit," Luke said, slinging his arm over Kaity's petite shoulder. "We did a good job."

"Thanks for helping," Kaity replied. "You didn't have to, but both Michael and I really appreciate it."

"What do I appreciate?" Michael asked, climbing off the boat and stepping onto the dock beside the two of them. He had finished setting up inside the small cabin, and now everything was seemingly complete for his date with Neely.

"Luke's help," Kaity chirped, sloughing off Luke's arm, but twining their fingers together. "Do you need anything else before we go?" She asked, her dark eyes finding her best friend's bright green ones.

Michael hesitated for a second while he thought, but slowly shook his head when nothing came to mind. "Do you think I'm dressed okay?" He asked, glancing down to his clothed body. He was wearing dark skinny jeans, a nicer band tee shirt void of any holes and a black leather jacket over top.

Kaity smiled, bringing her best friend in for a hug. "You look fine, okay? Just take a deep breath, everything is going to be fine," she told him as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing a small kiss to his cheek. They pulled back moments later. "Good luck, Mikey," she said, ruffling up his fire red hair.

"Bug," Michael half-whined, desperately trying to fix the hair Kaity has mussed up. She giggled, but helped him rearrange his locks back into his signature look. "Sorry, I guess I'm just a little nervous," he continued, letting his hands drop to his sides.

"It's okay," Kaity grinned. "Like I said, everything is going to be fine. You better call me after it's over and tell me every single detail!" She laughed, backing up until she was by Luke's side again. They waved goodbye to Michael before heading back down the dock.

"Do you really think everything is going to be okay?" Luke questioned, his hand finding hers. "She might not even agree to go with him."

She nudged his arm with her elbow. "She'll agree. She told me that she was starting to fall for him, but didn't want to be the person to leave her boyfriend for her best friend. But now that Dillon's out of the picture, nothing is stopping her. And if anything is, it will all be resolved tonight. I'm sure of it," Kaity said, glancing up to Luke.

"Okay," Luke agreed, pressing a soft kiss to the apple of her cheek. "Now what do you say? Movie night until Michael calls?"

"That sounds good," Kaity agreed, bounding up the three steps to the main road and off the dock. "But can we stop by my apartment first? I need to get some clothes for the night," she continued, letting Luke's hand fall from hers as he rounded the truck to get in.

"You can just wear mine like you usually do," he said, cocking his head at her confusedly once he got in the driver's seat. "Or do you not want to?" He asked, his voice almost sounding hurt.

"No, no!" Kaity said, strapping her seatbelt across her chest. "It's not that. I just... it's that time of the month, and I need to grab some tampons if I'm staying the night. And I'd rather not accidentally bleed on your clothes, that would be embarrassing. And I can't believe I'm telling you this either," she blushed, turning her gaze out the passenger window.