bonus chapter two: the first time Taylor holds the baby

"I still can't believe she's here. It just doesn't feel real." Taylor said as she stared at the baby on your chest.

"Same here. She's just so perfect."

Taylor nodded in agreement as she continued to marvel over her precious daughter.

"Now that she's been looked over and we have her all to ourselves, I think we should have my parents and Austin come in pretty soon." She suggested.

"Yeah, we should. But first," You said before shifting around on the bed a little. "You should hold her."

"You think so? She looks so content where she is on your chest."

"She'll be just as content with you. Come on, you're her mom, too."

"She's just so tiny and sweet. I'm afraid I'll break her." She chuckled nervously.

"You won't. I know you won't."

She sat on the hospital bed beside you and you gently placed the baby in her arms.

Taylor's breath hitched for a second before she smiled from ear to ear.

Rose looked right into her eyes as Taylor began to brush her fingers across her tiny cheek.

"You're going to make my heart burst." She spoke softly. "You're so beautiful. I think you might be the world's cutest baby."

You put your head on her arm and listened to her talk to the baby so lovingly.

"I've waited so long for this moment. To hold you in my arms and tell you that I'm your mom and that we're going to have so much fun together in this journey called life. The world can be a little crazy sometimes, especially with the job I have, but I promise you that you'll always be safe. I want you to be happy and know that you're so loved."

Tears filled her eyes as she kissed her daughter's hand softly.

"You're our whole world. Your mom and I have been waiting so long to meet you. Now that you're here, we're going to spoil you like crazy. Not always with material things but with love; endless, unconditional love. We'll always be here for you and take care of you and we'll love you for who you are, no matter who you feel that is. You're beautiful inside and out and I promise, even when I'm busy or thousands of miles away, I'll be here for you, always."

You kissed her arm as you watched a tear fall down her cheek.

"My beautiful daughter, you're finally here."

She watched the baby's eyes move around and heard a few soft sounds fall from her tiny lips.

"Your little hand's wrapped around my finger and it's so quiet in the world tonight. Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite nightlight. To you, everything's funny. You got nothing to regret. I'd give all I have, honey, if you could stay like that."

As Taylor's soft voice filled the air, Rose's eyes slipped shut and she began to fall asleep.

"Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. Just stay this little. Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. It could stay this simple. I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up."

She listened to Rose breathe softly, in and out.

She was so soft and delicate and Taylor was so in love.

"I love you, my precious little Rose,"