bonus chapter eight: announcing Rose's arrival on social media

"Thank you again," Taylor grinned as she took her phone from the nurse who had just taken a few photos for her.

It's been about two hours since your little girl entered the world and you're both so over the moon as you took her in and introduced her to Taylor's parents and brother.

But there's one thing you and Taylor haven't done yet that she knows she needs to do because everyone has been anticipating the announcement and that's share the arrival of Rose across social media.

"I've taken so many pictures already. I have about a hundred pictures on my phone since she was born." Taylor said and you giggled.

Taylor scrolled through them all before gathering her absolute favorites which included one of you sharing a kiss as Rose was placed on your chest, one she took of you and the baby, one you took of her and the baby, one with the baby and her family, and a couple of the three of you together.

There was one thing Taylor made sure of though as she prepared to post all of the pictures and that was to make sure that Rose's face was covered to keep her safe and protected.

Tears gathered up in her eyes as she wrote out a simple yet sweet caption saying, "Welcome to the world, our little Rose 🌹 we love you to the moon and to saturn, forever & always."

She was so excited to share the news with her fans, who have been so incredibly supportive and kind to you both as you prepared to take this next step together.

"Should I post it?"

"Yeah, you should." You smiled and placed your head on her shoulder.

Taylor pressed post and suddenly, the likes began to roll in fast.

It reached over a million before either of you knew it and it just continued to climb from there.

"Look at that, baby. Everyone loves you so much." Taylor said as she gently brushed her fingers across Rose's cheek. "You're too milk-drunk to care right now," She paused.

You laughed and watched her drift off to sleep as Taylor spoke ever so softly to her.

"But a lot of people are going to be so overjoyed that you're here. Just like your mommies. We love you so much."

Rose moved her tiny fingers and let out a few soft little sounds as Taylor kissed her head.

"It's trending over social media already. It's got millions of likes. You're making the world a brighter place already, little angel,"

"I love you, Tay," You spoke and Taylor looked at you lovingly.

"I love you too, more than you'll ever know. I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy our baby girl is finally here. Are you ready for the exciting journey ahead of us?"

"So ready." You said as you snuggled up to her.

"Me too." She grinned before caressing Rose's cheek softly. "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is now you're in the world."

She sang softly and sweetly and you felt as if you could drift off to sleep too.

And you wouldn't fight to keep your tired eyes open if it meant getting to fall asleep with Rose in your arms with Taylor's securely wrapped around you.

You love your beautiful little family so very much.