Chapter Five

How was I supposed to let go of him after such words. I used all the force and power in my body to leave and get into the taxi.  I couldn’t wait to tell Meg about everything, tell her about Syd , I decided I’ll introduce Syd to Meg and maybe they can talk a bit, get to know each other, I think she would like that.

I leaned my head against the window and took a deep breath in, trying to absorb everything that just happened and I couldn’t help but smile the entire ride home. I had that constant nervous feeling in my stomach since I left the hotel, but it was a good nervous feeling.

When I got home it was around 11, I opened the door slowly just in case Meg was sleeping. Just as I had expected she wasn’t, she jumped off the couch and ran up to me, her hands were on my shoulders and she was shaking me. “How was Syd? What was he wearing? Did you talk about me?” it was an overflow of questions I couldn’t keep up with her.

“Meg… take a deep breath in, I’m going to go change out of this dress and into my pajamas, and we can talk about it in a second.” I looked at her and walked to my room to undress and thought about tomorrow. I’m going to see pink Floyd in a recording studio tomorrow. I raised my eyebrows, not bad I thought to myself. I put on my pajamas and walked outside to Meg, preparing what I was going to say. One of the things that I love most about her is that she can’t stay mad at a person for more than a few hours; I knew she was going to jealous if I told her about Roger and me, but for some reason I had to get it out me.

Meg made us a cup of tea and we sat on the couch, i could tell she was anxious to hear about everything. Like before, i explained everything very precisely. Occasionally she would interrupt me and freak out a bit, i let her finish then i would continue. Talking about him made me feel auspicious

“So you guys are dating now right “Meg said. I zoned out and completely ignored her. She waved her hand in front of my face and I snapped back, “You were thinking about roger again weren’t you?” she raised her eyebrow, I laughed and nodded,

 “Sorry I can’t help myself, he’s just a really – “

Meg interrupted my sentence, “yea I know he’s an amazing guy, I got that part, and now talk about Syd!”

I looked at her and frowned,

“Okay so what do you want to know?”

“What was he wearing “

“Uhh, I think he was wearing a white blouse with a black vest “

She signed and sunk more into the couch, “Alice, I need to meet him “

I chuckled, “yea ill talk to roger, I’m going to the recording studio—“

“Can I come?!” Meg shot up and sat straight on the couch staring at me. I didn’t want to say no and hurt her feelings but I didn’t want Meg there obsessing over Syd, I told her I would invite the boys for supper over on Friday. “That’s two days from now! I can’t wait that long “she whined “shut up, better than nothing.” I kept on talking until she was satisfied and told me that was enough, we had some girl to girl talk and went to bed.

I laid in my bed absolutely motionless staring at the ceiling, I’d give anything to have roger beside me right now, with his arm around my waist and his hand playing with my fingers, to feel his gentle breaths against my neck… and with that thought in my head I fell asleep.

When I woke up Meg had already left for work. I sat on the side of my bed, okay I have to be at the studio at noon, and it’s ten right now I thought to myself. I had two hours to hang around, before I made myself I put on a hard day’s night and ate some breakfast. I had a good feeling about today.