12 - Out for a Thrill

July 27th, 2022. Tokyo, Japan.

"It will be alright, I'm sure."

Cal's reassurance was not helping. Bocchi was in full panic mode over the ticket quota.

"If it makes you feel better, I've only sold one ticket myself." Cal added.

"But you can find people from street performances... I can't find anybody!!" Bocchi whined.

Cal was still confused as to why she didn't just let her mother invite her friends, it would've saved her a lot of stress. But, Cal didn't have the heart to tell her so.

The rest of Kessoku band was off practicing, but Bocchi had come to Cal nearly in tears to ask for help with the quota. So far... she still had 3 left.

"They're going to replace me with a better and extroverted guitarist..." Bocchi bemoaned.

"You're really overthinking this." Cal bluntly replied, not being the best as comforting her during Bocchi time.

Both of them, however, were not expecting a purple-haired woman to collapse in front of them. 

"Water..." She demanded.

"Oh, God. Ok, we'll get you some water." Cal quickly replied, checking the contents of his wallet.

"And some hangover medicine..."

"A-alright, we'll-" Bocchi tried to say.

"And miso soup with clams..." she interruped.

"What?" Cal questioned.

"And rice porridge too... preferably in a bed dressed with freshly line-dried sheets..."

"WHAT?!" Cal kept questioning.

-

"Why did you buy all of that for this... drunk?" Cal asked Bocchi, as they both sat next to the older woman, who was currently downing a box of sake which Bocchi had given her money for.

"Drinking should be done in moderation... she says as she starts drinking again! Hair of the dog that bit ya!" She belted out.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" Cal asked, turning his attention to the woman.

"Woah! You don't gotta have that attitude! Here, you want a sip?" She offered the sake.

"No, ma'am. We can't." Cal sternly snarled.

"Oh, are you two underage? Hey, you listenin'?"

She was talking to a damn statue.

"Oh, you're as cold as ice!" She said while touching the statue.

"...We're leaving..." Cal quietly suggested to Bocchi.

They began to try and sneak away when the drunk woman seemed to finally realize that the statue was, in fact, neither of the two teenagers.

"Hey, are those guitars?" She asked, noticing that Cal and Bocchi both brought their guitars with them.

Cal sighed to himself, he couldn't escape this, so he decided to humor her.

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you play often?" She asked.

"Well, yeah. Both of us-"

"NO. ACTUALLY, I WAS OFF TO SELL THIS. I TRIED FOR A DAY BUT DECIDED TO GIVE UP BECAUSE IT'S TOO HARD." Bocchi suddenly exclaimed. Cal was left speechless.

"I'M OFF TO GET RID OF IT, BYE!" Bocchi said, trying to leave.

"Wait!" The drunk woman grabbed Bocchi's arm. "Giving up after one day is a waste. You can sell it any time you want. But, if you keep practicing, you could be worthy of that guitar one day."