Chapter 8- truth be told

Nick's Point of View-

"Jess!" I hear a man's voice call from behind me.

She was falling to the floor faster than I could reach her, and I was to disoriented by confusion to realize what was going on, so I do the only thing that I can. I catch her, using my telekinetic abilities.

"H-how did you do that boy?" The man's voice asks from behind me. I had been so caught up in the moment that I had completely forgotten that he was here.

"Who are you?" I ask turning around to face the mystery man.

"That is my business. The more important question is who are you?" The man asks with a raised eyebrow and a frown on him face. The power in his voice made it almost impossible to not answer his question.

"I'm Nick." I say almost impulsively.

"State your purpose for being in front of my home, Nick." He said powerfully again. Only then did I realize the resemblance between him and my mate. They have the same big Green eyes. They were very different though; he has brown hair and wrinkles by the sides of his eyes that I was hoping were from smiling, opposed to him constantly frowning like he is now.

"You're Jess's father?" I ask questioningly.

"You know my daughter? Well, I guess that explains why you caught her." He says, his frown lightening a bit.

"Yes sir, we go to school together." I say, not wanting him to know we were mates just yet.

"Come with me. We need to talk." He says completely ignoring Jess's motionless, floating body, and walks into the house. I followed him after I had picked Jess up into my arms, and carried her in with me.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Jess's Point of View-

My eyes slowly flutter open, and I can hear people talking in the next room over. My eye sight isn't completely focused just yet, so I decide to not even attempt to move yet.

I hear people begin to laugh, "Fate is amazing when it comes to picking mates. That is exactly what Jess would have responded to that!" I hear my father's voice boom, between his deep chuckles.

"Really? I haven't known her very long, so I didn't know." I could recognize that voice anywhere. Why was Nick talking to my dad?

When I finally think that I had enough strength to get up I realize where I am. I was in my living room and the voice of the two people that's I most cared about were most likely in the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen to see my father and my mate laughing with each other at the large wooden tablet.

"Finally, you're awake honey"! My father says noticing me before Nick, since he was facing the

Door, and Nick had his back to it.

Nick quickly turned around to look at me and his smile widened.

"I'm so happy you're up! I was starting to get worried!" He says, getting out of his seat to greet me.

"Getting worried? How long was I out that you would be concerned about me waking up." I ask slightly afraid of what responses I might receive.

"Jess, honey..." My father interrupts. "You've been out cold for almost a week."

A whole week! Holy crap!

"Wow." That was the only word that I would form from my mouth.

"Come on baby doll. There's a lot that we need to talk about." Nick says before leading me to the living room, that I had just woken up in.

We all sat on the sofa; my father on one side and Nick and I together on the other, facing him.

"I'm assuming that Nick told you everything thing already, right Daddy?" I say to my father, starting the conversation.

"Actually, he wouldn't tell me anything without you." He says with a proud smile on his face, as if Nick were his own child.

"Really?!" I say quickly pulling Nick into a tight hug. "That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard of!" I kiss him on the cheek and his face turns a dark shade of red, embarrassed by my reaction.

"Hey! No kissing when the dad is in the room!" My father says shielding his eyes dramatically.

I giggle, "Whoops! Sorry daddy." I apologize.

"If he wasn't your mate I would have had him banished already for that, just so you know." He says getting over protective of his only child.

"Nick!" I say punching him in the shoulder again, "I thought you wouldn't tell him anything!"

He rubbed his arm where I had hit him, "I didn't! He guessed after I refused to leave your side the first night!" He says, "and Oww! That hurt!"

I hugged him again, "I'm sorry! I guess I should probably stop hitting you so much." I say apologizing to him yet another time.

"Again, Dad in the room!" My dad says jokingly.

"Now, I need you to tell me everything that you remember from before you fainted, Jessie." My father says suddenly growing serious.

"Well, I..." I never finished.

There was a loud crash from the kitchen, and the sound of glass shattering.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am going to keep this authors note extremely short!

I am so sorry for the short Chapter!

Please vote or comment your opinions!

I Love you all for sticking with me this long!

~Singergirl55