Chapter 21- What the...

Chapter 21-

Jess’s Point of view-

It was almost midnight now, and I was completely drained, so I went to get ready for bed.

I was standing in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I received a text message from my father.

She didn’t have the birthmark.

Oh.

There’s a birth mark that runs in my family.

It’s a half moon, that can appear anywhere on our bodies.

Mine is on my wrist, and it looks more like a tattoo than a birth mark.

My mother’s, just so happened to be on the side of her face, which explains why my dad moved the imposter’s hair.

“Hey? What’s the matter?” Nick asks when I walk out of the bathroom.

I didn’t say anything. I just simply handed him my cell phone, and when he finished reading the text message, he shook his head in confusion.

“Birthmark? What birthmark?” He asked, trying to clear up his confusion.

“There’s a birthmark that runs in the family. It’s in the shape of a crescent moon, and hers was on the side of her face, under her temple.”

“But you don’t have one on your face, do you?” He said moving my hair, which was now in a messy side braid, away from my face to check.

“I actually do, I just never said where it is.” I say with a hint of humor in my voice.

“Oh really…” He said lifting his eyebrows. “Then where’s your?”

“Slow down there, Mr. sexual.” I say jokingly. “It’s on my wrist.” I hold out my wrist and he looks up at me in surprise.

“I always thought that was a tattoo!”

“Nope I was born with it.”

“Damn it! All of this time I thought you were pretty bad ass cause you have a tattoo, but I guess not.”

“Oh really…”

I immediately decided that I was going to show him that he was wrong in the best way possible, by surprising him. I walked into my closet and closed the door behind me.

I looked around one of my jewelry boxes until I found ten pairs of stud earrings, and my stud for my nose and immediately put them in.

I went through a phase about a year ago, where I wanted to rebel, so I got five piercings on both of my ears, and I got my nose pierced.

 I don’t wear the earrings or nose piercing anymore, because I felt guilty about them when I saw my father’s reaction to them.

Needless to say he was pissed, and disappointed.

I then switched my previously baggy t-shirt with a skin tight crop top that showed my stomach. I do have my bellybutton pierced… that one was ‘because I’ve always wanted it pierced not out of spite.

There is no way that he will doubt my bad ass status when he sees me. I thought to myself.

To be completely honest with you guys, I don’t care about whether Nick thinks I’m bad ass or a goody-goody. I just want to get a reaction out of him. He just might piss himself when he sees me.