Underground

Kyle pulled into the motorway, the silence between us continued. I reached for his radio and put on the first channel, Florence and machine came on singing 'you've got the love.' I smiled remembering this had been a song me and Kyle had danced to, when we had had our disco before he left. "Hey! Isn't this..." "Our dance song?" He chuckled "yeah, that one." I smiled and started to mumble the words, it came to the chorus and Kyle began to sing really loudly and out of tune, "you've got the love, you've got the love, oh you got the love! Time after time I think..." I joined in and we sang the chorus together "but you got the love I need to see me through... You've got the love, you've got the love..." I grabbed Kyle's hand and held up as we sung, and our fingers became entwined. the music went quiet and the song ended, we both laughed and Kyle continued to drive, while our hands stayed together.

"I miss it."
"Miss what?"
"Us. Kyle we were so happy and free when we're little, we had so much fun, I just wish I could go back to it."
Kyle's hand tightened its grip, "well we may not be able to live our past again, but we still have the future, so I say we make the best out of it before you leave." He said and quickly looked at me, his big puppy dog eyes searching my face, I smiled and put my head on his shoulder as he drove one hand on the steering wheel, down the motorway.

We arrived after a while at an open field just at the edge of the town, where a little lake stood. I got out the car and walked with Kyle. "Kyle, where our we?" I asked but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me gently to the lake, we went under a willow tree and Kyle showed my a big hole in the tree. He climbed in and down into the darkness, I waited a minute before Kyle shouted up, "grace come on!" He said and I climbed down, it was quite easy because of all the roots and stones sticking out, which I used as ledges.

I dropped down about 2 ft after a 30 second climb down and felt something grab me, "before you scream it's me." Kyle said and I felt the knot in my stomach loosen a little. Kyle switched a torch on and lightly pulled me as we walked under ground. I looked around and only saw mud and roots sticking out. Kyle stopped outside a mud archway with a bunch of leafy vines hanging down as a barrier.

"This was a witch hide out about 60 years ago when they we being hunted. Misty and Cordelia showed it to me, come on." He said and switched off the torch. He opened the vines and I saw something I really didn't expect.

There was a small room, around 12 ft long and 9 ft wide, the walls were smoothed out mud and had a small bookshelf in the corner in between the back and right wall, 3 shelves on the right wall with white candles burning. A pale wooden floor, with a small blanket on it with small cushions and a few pillows. Candles were around the floor and there was a small tray of food. It had Cheese, grapes (red and green), crackers, ham sandwiches with lettuce and a pot of Greek yogurt. There were two drinks of either water or lemonade, and shining a dull light on it all was... "Is that glass?"
"Pretty amazing right?" Kyle said proudly, "yeah before the lake they dug this room under ground and put a little opening with glass in it. But to keep them safe they made a lake, so they were cover by the hidden entrance and had a pretty nice view of the lake." I walked into the room and looked at the water, which was surprisingly clean and saw small fish swim.

"This is... Amazing!" I said and turned around and sat down next to Kyle as he grabbed a few grapes and tries to catch them, I giggled as he failed almost all his attempts.

"Yep." He said and manage to catch a grape, he punched the air in victory, and I giggled. we sat and ate in a comfortable silence for a while before Kyle began to talk.
"So, how is everyone at home?"
"I don't know, all the friends we had together, I just kind of stopped talking to them and went off on my own, that's why I have turned into a gothic girl, who dresses in hardly enough clothes." Kyle chuckled, "i thought that might happen."
"How come?"
"Well, they were more my friends, you were just a really hot 12 year old we hung out with." He said teasingly, I lightly smack his arm and started to laugh, he joined in and soon we were laughing uncontrollably.

A few moments passed and then we started to stop laughing. I yawned and shifted to lay down, Kyle was already lying down. I lay down next to him and put my head on his shoulder.
"Tired?"
I grunted, "a little." I yawned again and Kyle chuckled. I closed my eyes and put my arm around Kyle's chest, his body tensed and I opened my eyes and leaned up to look at him.
"What?"
"I didn't say anything."
"You tensed up."
"So?"
I frowned and he smiled, "I haven't hugged anyone for a while." He said and I rolled my eyes, and leant back down. "Can I at least hold your hand?" "Why?"
"It's comforting." I said and felt his hand slide into mine. He turned on his side so our faces were together. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. His left hand and my right hand we together with our fingers entwined, and his strong arm was around my waist, our bodies were lightly touching and our faces were within an inch of each other.

"Better?"
"Yeah. Your like a teddy bear," I said and his eyes shined, and he smiled. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off in the warmness of Kyle's body.