Chapter 2

Waking up in a cold sweat, shaking, with a face wet from uncomfortable tears, is not how anyone should wake up.  Looking over at Olivia I see she's  awake, sitting up in her bed just staring at the blank wall.

"Olivia?" No response, not even a blink. Checking the clock, I see it's only five in the morning. I would love to sleep some more but getting on the road as soon as possible is smarter.

Standing under the hot water only makes me more tired so I don't stay in long, realizing I have no idea what we are going to do makes me want to cry, how can I protect her by myself. I need a plan.

Going back into the room I see Olivia standing beside her bed crying, and shaking. "Olivia, what's wrong?" Nothing, "Olivia its OK tell me what's wrong" all she does is point to the  bed.

After stripping the bed sheets, and changing her into some clothes that don't smell like urine, we head out hoping to find a place far away from here.

Driving for about four hours I realize it's been about a day, and a half since we've ate anything. Finding a diner was easy, finding one that wasn't packed full not so much. After finally finding one we both get out and head on in hoping for a nice peaceful meal.

I order us both cheeseburgers, fries, and chocolate milkshakes. I see the the tiny glimpse of awe in Olivia's eyes when she hears the order, its always been her favorite meal. 

Practically devouring our food, Olivia walks to the restroom while I go to pay for our meal. "Ma'am I'm ready to pay " a beautiful woman turns and looks at me, she scans my face and I can only imagine what's going thru her mind after seeing all the bruises.

"Don't worry about it sweetie, on the house!" I stare at her for a minute contemplating if she's serious, "are you sure ma'am?" She just smiles and shakes her head yes. I nearly break down right there in front of this stranger, its been so long since I've seen anyone show an ounce of kindness.

Going to see if Olivia needs any help, I hear a loud roaring nosie, looking out the window I see about six motorcycles pull into the parking area.

***pleas vote, and comment.