Part 6

"Argh!! I just do not get it!," Aspect almost yelled. Angry and tired she threw the embroidery at the floor. A few days had passed since the breakfast, and Aspect was in the progress of trying to move on. "This is the sixth time I try this and it still does not work! And that is only todays counting!"

"Control your temper! That is not the proper way for a young Lady like you to act and react!," one of the elders sitting by the same table put her knitting down in despair.

"I do not have the patience anymore. My feet is screaming for me to run outside - I want to feel the wind through my fur, I-," Aspect said, standing up and throwing her hands around as she spoke, but she was broken off by the elder.

"That is enough!," she commanded strictly. "We were told to learn you the arts of our people by king Thranduil, but it is impossible as long as you act that way!"

"And I do not want to! Just let me go!," Aspect answered uneasy.

The elder looked disappointed at her. "Yes I can let you go, but that means you have to go to king Thranduil and argue for your thoughts about this. Now, leave!" Aspect wasn't hard to ask. She turned on her heel and started running through the halls.

On the way to Thranduil's throne, she met Legolas. She didn't slow down towards him, but threw herself around his neck so they both spun around. "I am free!!," Aspect yelled happy. Her whole face was lit up by her bright smile.

"What did you do to free yourself from the elders? Eat them all up?," Legolas asked with a small laugh, holding Aspect's arms.

"Noo! That would have upset my stomach!," Aspect joked back. She looked down at her arms, and grabbed Legolas' back, with a small, shy smile. She lowered her voice. "I just found out that embroidery is not my thing - and shared it with the rest of the group - which they did not like. So now I have to go and argue with your dad."

"Oh," Legolas said. "Good luck with that one. Dad really wants you to learn the arts-."

"Yesyes the arts of your people and elders and lord knows what," Aspect said. "What about my traditions? What about my elders?" Legolas tried to hold back his laugh, but failed. "What are you laughing at?," she asked irritated.

"I just forgot how you start acting when you get irritated. You react just like when we were children. It is cute," Legolas said, smiling at her.

"I do not have time for you," Aspect said, letting go of Legolas. "I have an argument to win." She once again ran through the halls.

"King Thranduil!," she said when she approached his throne. "I have come here to tell you, that I have now given up. Completely. For the first time in my life, you have found something I am not capable of doing - embroidery. Therefore, I have now come to propose a new activity for this young Lady; running outside with the wind though her fur and-."

"No," Thranduil said, not impressed at all. He had his eyes locked on his book. "You are going to the kitchen. It was just a matter of time before the elders kicked you out anyways. I actually did not think they could handle you for so long." Thranduil barely cast a glare at Aspect, who stood there speechless. "Now, off you go." Thranduil made a handmotion, waving away as he hushed.

Aspect turned around and started walking slow and reluctantly towards the kitchen.

When Aspect got to the kitchen, Jhaan looked surprised at her. "Thranduil sent you too late. We have almost finished all the work, and are going to set it all up for the party tonight. You can leave," Jhaan said, sounding bitter. Aspect didn't say a thing back, she just turned around, walking fast back towards her room.

Right outside her door, she met Legolas. He was holding some green and folded fabric in his arms and looked surprised at Aspect who came skipping through the halls. "Hi, what are you doing here now? I meant dad would send you to the kitchen?," he asked, trying to hide the thing subtle behind his back.

"He did, but Jhaan is a bit frustrated at me, so he let me go," Aspect said, smiling. "What do you have there?" She tried looking at the thing behind Legolas' back, but he took a step backwards.

"Nothing," he stuttered. "I should get going." He tried walking past Aspect, but she didn't let him.

"Oh come on Legolas, what is so secret you cannot show me?," she asked laughing, starting to chase around him. Legolas turned around to face Aspect at all times, but suddenly she jumped against him and threw her arms around him, before she grabbed the fabric. She straightened it out, and there in front of her was a beautiful dress. Aspect stopped with an open, surprised mouth, speechless. "Oh my lord, this is beautiful," she said, before her face smelted into a big, teasing smile. "Are you wearing a dress to the party tonight? Are pretty little princess Legolas going to dress up in a pretty little dress and get all pretty and,-" Aspect mocked, poking Legolas' stomach, but suddenly, Legolas who had just been standing there, looking at her, broke her off.

"The dress is for you," he said. Once again, Aspect's face froze in a open, surprised mouth.

"The- the dress-," Aspect stuttered.

"Is for you, yes," Legolas said. "I was going to put it in your room whilst you were gone, and not tell you. Let you think it was the seamstress who had made it for you, and of course it is, but it was a special request from me. I picked it all out myself." Legolas looked serious at Aspect, and then cast a glaze at the dress, now laying lifeless in Aspect's hands.

Aspect threw herself around Legolas' neck. "Thank you so much, Legolas," she said into his shoulder, fighting to hold back the tears. "It is absolutely stunning."

"Well the dress have to match the girl, does it not?," Legolas said. "Tonight is a special night." He smiled at Aspect. "I mean, like it is special because it is your first party back in Mirkwood and everything.." Aspect took a step backwards with a big, bright smile. They ended up just standing like that, staring at each other for a while, before Aspect broke away from the trance.

"I, I think I need to get ready," she said, smiling to him once again.

"Of course," Legolas said, returning the smile, before moving onwards through the hall. Aspect glazed a little after him, before she went into her room and sat down on the bed with the dress in her arms. This was her new life. This was the place the adventure with The Company had led her, and maybe she should just have settled with that, but there was still something very small, deep inside, bugging her in a way she could not explain.