Part 16

Aspect had now woken up, but was still weak. The only one left by her side was Fili, who had shed a few happy-tears when he saw her move. He grabbed her hand.

"It really hurts," Aspect whispered, grabbing his hand tightly. "But never ever tell anyone I said that." She put on a little laugh. Fili smiled.

"You will be as good as new soon. I promise," Fili said hopeful. He moved a lock of hair from her face. "I promise." He stroke her cheek.

"But what if I am not?," Aspect asked hard. "What if I do not get better, Fili?"

"You will, you have to," Fili said, still smiling, but now with small tears in his eyes.

"But if I do not, I want you to leave. Go to the mountain where you belong. Join the others. Especially if what Bard said yesterday was true," Aspect said, dragging Fili a bit closer. "I do not have a good feeling about this, Fili. I am afraid something horrible is in that mountain." She was now whispering.

"Breathe, Aspect. You need to get some rest, your fewer is getting wors-," Fili got broken off by the whole house rumbling.

"It is coming from the mountain!," Bain said, as he looked out the window.

Fili stood up in a hurry and rushed over to Bard who entered the living room. "You should leave us. Take your children and get out of here," he told Bard.

"And go where? There is nowhere to go," Bard answered.

"Are we going to die, da?," Bard youngest daughter asked.

"No, Tilda darling," Bard said and kissed her head.

"The dragon, it is going to kill us," Tilda panicked.

"Not if I kill it first," Bard said and ran off.

"Fili," Aspect said. Fili quickly stepped up to her. "Please, I want you to take the children and leave. Get out of here and to safety." She grabbed his hands with tears in her eyes. "I cannot hold you back in this deathtrap."

"Do not say that, Aspect. I am staying here with you till the end," Fili said, grabbing her hands tighter. Aspect gave him a small and sad, but thankful smile. He kissed her hands lightly.

Outside, Bofur had gotten his hands on the Kingsfoil. He looked around suspicious, as he thought he heard noises in the dark surrounding him. He made his way back to Bard's house when nothing happened.

Back in Bard's house, weird noises came from the roof. Sigrid opened the door to take a look outside. "Da, is that you?," she asked out into the darkness. Suddenly, an big orc jumped down in front of her. Sigrid screamed and stepped back, trying to close the door, but the orc was much stronger than her and came running after her into the kitchen.

Suddenly, the house filled up more and more with orcs. They came through doors and the ceiling. Fili had left Aspect alone, and suddenly an orc approached her. He smiled satisfied when he understood she was helpless and hurt.

The orc lifted his axe over his head, ready to swing it into Aspect's stomach, when Aspect suddenly, in a scream of pain, reached down in her right shoe and pulled out a small throwing-axe. She threw the axe, but only hit the orc in the shoulder, which made him furious. In a second, he slammed his axe towards her, but Aspect rolled herself down on the floor, right as the axe hit the bed with a big smash. Aspect grabbed around the orc's feet, making him loose balance and falling on his back. In a second Aspect was over him, pulling the small axe from his shoulder before planting it solid in his scull.

Aspect got up at her feet as fast as she could, to go and help the others. She screamed of pain as she leapt up, looking down at her stomach which was now black of blood. Her head got light, as she tried to take a few steps away from the dead orc. All of a sudden her feet failed her, and she fell to the ground once again.

Without warning, something grabber her ankles. Aspect looked back, to see another orc smiling its sly smile. "I see Bolg's work is not finished yet," he laughed, as he dragged her closer. Aspect started kicking with all of her strength, but there was not much left. Her sight was starting to fail, and she couldn't get any more words out of her mouth to cry for help.

All of a sudden, an arrow shot through the air and into the orc's scull, and he fell over dead on the spot. Aspect used the last of her powers to look over to the others, and there stood Legolas with his bow still aiming over at Aspect. He let it go when he saw her looking at him - then she blacked out.

"Aspect!," Legolas and Fili yelled at the same time, in the moment they both saw Aspect drop her head and lay lifeless on the floor.

They killed of the last orcs, before they both lept over to her. They tried to help her up, but Aspect didn't respond. "We are loosing her!," Fili yelled. "We need help." He looked at Legolas. Legolas nodded in respond, before they laid Aspect down on the kitchen table.

Bofur suddenly came leaping through the door with the kingsfoil. "Do you need this?," he asked out into the room. Legolas stepped up to him and grabbed the kingsfoil.

"Ah, yes atheists," he said. "I think I can save Aspect." He stepped over to Aspect again, as the others gathered around. "I need you to hold her down. I have seen her getting healed before, and let us say her wolf do not like it." He looked at Fili, Kili, Oin and Bofur as he spoke. They all nodded. They each grabbed a limb.

Legolas applied kingsfoil to Aspect's wound. Her whole body jumped by the touch, and a low growling-sound came from deep inside her. Her ears started moving rapidly, and suddenly claws shot out from her fingers, planting them self into the table. The growling sound became louder, and Aspect flared her wolf-teeth, but all this happened like she was in a trance.

Suddenly, Aspect calmed down, and became lifeless again. "Now we just give her a little time, and she will wake up eventually," Legolas said. "She took this nicer than expected. She must be exhausted."

Fili and Legolas stayed by Aspect's side, as the others went to get some rest. Suddenly, Aspect's eyelids flickered.

Aspect slightly opened her eyes, looking around her. Her eyes met with Legolas'. "Legolas," she whispered peacefully. "No I am mistaken. He is not here. He is too important to follow me here." She whispered like she was talking to herself.

She turned her heads a few times, before she saw Fili. She smiled warm. "Fili." She still whispered. "No I am dreaming. Fili left with the others. I am just lost." Aspect slightly shook her head, slowly. "I am such a fool. I should not have wolfed my way though everything. I am a monster and a fool... But I am glad because I think I love him." Aspect's whispering turned to mumbling as she spoke, and the last sentence was almost impossible to hear, but Legolas caught it.

"He loves you too," Legolas whispered, and barely touched Aspect's hand before he turned and left.