020 | Biological mother

━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━

━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━

Alexia wakes up confused as she hears her phone ringing. She looks on her left and frowns seeing it's an unknown number.

"Hello?" She answers in a sleepy voice.

"Am I speaking with Alexia Gilbert?" A man voice asks through the phone.

Alexia knows who it is, and she wasn't understanding why he and his son weren't there.

"In the flesh, what can I do for you?"

"I'm Derek, Derek Paterson." The man begin before taking a pause. "I'm your step-father."

Alexia's eyes widens, "I think you have error." She was going to hang up when he stops her.

"No, I don't. I was the husband of your mother."

"My biological mother?"

She can feel him nods his head through the phone, "Alexandra Wariam, she was your mother."

"And? If she wants to contact me, she can do it on her own."

"That's the problem, Alexia. She's dead." He replies causing the teenager to freeze. "She died a month ago. She had a cancer."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"I'm guessing you know you have powers, but you don't know how they work?" He asks and her silence told him to continue. "I know how to help you."

"That's not enough proof."

He sighs, "I don't know what to say, Alexia. How can I prove you I'm not lying?"

"That's for you to know and me to wait." She was going to hang up when he stops her, again.

"Wait, wait! At my house, I have pictures of you and her when she gave birth to you. I can send you them."

She sighs, "do it." A few seconds later, she gets a notification and see a frame with a young woman about 17 years old looking exactly like Alexia holding a new born baby. "That doesn't mean anything. It can be anyone."

"I know." He tells her, "that's why I need you to trust me. I— me and Alexandra have a son, his name is Jaden, he's 8 and he really wants to meet his older sister."

"Is that supposed to make me change my mind?" She raises her eyebrow.

"No, but I know something I couldn't know if she didn't tell me."