7

A/N: H! Let me know if the gif isn't working bc I can't tell on my end. My internet is crappy at the moment so I won't be able to know. I will fix it as soon as possible if it's not working though. Anyway, hope you enjoy. 

Chapter Seven - Phantom Traveler

"Fuck it, shit happens."

"So every religion and every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession," Sam spoke up as he sat at the small table in our motel room with his computer before him. The walls and table were full of photos and articles we'd printed, maps and other papers we would need. "I mean, Christian, Native American, Hindu, you name it."

"Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this," Dean argued as he sat on the bed, books scattered around him.

"Not true, Dumbo," I pointed out, drawing me knees to my chest as I sat across from Sam.

"She's right. Japanese beliefs say that certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and manmade. One causes earthquakes, another disease," Sam said.

"And this one causes plane crashes?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

Dean stood. "Alright, so what?" he began, moving toward us. "We have a demon that's evolved with the times and found a way to ratchet up the body count?"

"Yeah. And, you know, who knows how many planes this thing has brought down before this one."

Dean scoffed, pacing the floor.

"What's with all the huffing and puffing over there? Out of breath, Old Man?" I asked.

Dean scratched the back of his head, seeming almost frustrated. "Red, go fuck yourself."

"I think I offended him."

"What?" Sam asked his brother as he continued to pace.

"I don't know, man," Dean said. "This isn't our normal gig. I mean, demons, they don't normally want anything, just death and destruction for its own sake. I mean, this is big. I wish dad was here."

"Yeah, me too," Sam agreed.

A phone rang. Dean pulled his from his pocket, flipping it open and answering. "Hello?" he asked. "Oh, hey, Jerry." His normal relaxed, almost bored expression changed to one of confusion. "Jerry, I'm sorry. What happened?" he asked. "Where did this happen?" A short pause. "I'll try to ignore the irony in that...Nothing. Jerry, hang in there, right? We'll catch up with you soon."

"Another crash?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. Let's go."

"Where?"