28

Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Benders

"Slut."

The men had brought another woman in, placing her in the empty cage where Jenkins used to be. After a while, she finally woke up.

"You alright?" Sam asked. 

"Are you Sam Winchester?" she asked. 

"Yeah."

She rubbed her head, looking over at Sam. "Your cousin's looking for you."

I sank to the floor.

He hadn't mentioned me. It hurt a little more than it should've. If we were just casual, I was blowing this all way out of proportion. It was a low chance that we were anything but just casual hookup buddies.

"And Capri Coleman? Is she here?" the woman asked, unable to see me from across the room. "You got him worried sick."

"That's me," I said, pride filling me at that, even when it shouldn't. "I'm here. Where is he?"

"Oh, I, uh...I cuffed him to my car," she admitted.

I blinked. "Wow, okay, that's helpful." I sank back down against the wall. 

Suddenly, the door began to creak open. "Sam?" Dean's voice echoed as he drew closer, on the opposite side of Sam's cage, farthest from mine. "Are you hurt? Where's Ria?"

Sam laughed. "No."

"Took you long enough, you ass," I said. 

"Damn, it's good to see the two of you." Dean smiled. "How's it going, baby doll?"

"Fucking wonderful, you sloth."

"How'd you get out of those cuffs?" the woman asked. 

"I know a trick or two," Dean answered vaguely. He ducked around to the front of the cages. "Oh, wow, these locks look like they're gonna be a bitch."

"Like you." I smiled. 

"I missed that smart mouth of yours." Dean reached through the squares of my cage, brushing his thumb across my lip. 

"Well, there some kind of automatic control right there." Sam pointed.

"Have you seen them?" Dean asked, moving toward the wooden beam where the panel box hung.

"Yeah. Dude, they're just people." 

"And they jumped you? Must be getting a little rusty there, kiddo," Dean remarked. "What do they want?"

"They want to slice your balls off and feed them to you," I said. "Oh, wait, no. That's me. Sorry."

"I don't know. They let Jenkins go, but..." Sam trailed off. "That was some sort of trap. It doesn't make any sense to me."