24

Chapter Twenty-Four 

"That woman is going to kill me."

Dean's pov

I woke up to the sun blinding me. With my eye still closed, I slid my hand across the bed in hopes of feeling Ria next to me. 

Nothing.

"Red?" I called out in case she was in the room.

Nothing.

I didn't hear the shower either. 

I blinked, sitting up as I looked around the room. She wasn't here and neither was any of her things. Maybe she's just putting her stuff in the car. 

I stumbled out of bed, pulling back the curtain to see that no one was around. I reached for my jeans, pulling my phone out. I dialed her number, raising the phone to my ear. 

It rang and rang and rang. Then it went to voicemail. 

"Where the hell did she go?" I muttered to myself before quickly getting dressed. 

I hated to say it, but the knock on the door made hope bloom in my chest. Maybe she just went out for coffee or food or something.

"Is it safe to come in?" Sam's voice echoed from the other side. 

I moved to pull the door open as I shrugged on a shirt. "Have you seen Ria?"

Sam looked at me as if I were crazy. "She was with you."

"She's not here." 

"So you two didn't...?"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't see what that has to do with anything."

"Only one of two things could've happened after I left, Dean. Arguing or sex." Sam paused for a moment. "Well, could've been both. I meant that if you two were arguing, it would explain why she went AWOL."

"That doesn't make me feel any better," I muttered, especially since we hadn't been arguing. "Why don't you call her? She...She won't answer if I do." I sank down onto the end of the bed, ignoring the sympathetic look I got from my brother. 

Sam pulled his phone from his jacket and did as I asked. For a moment, it was silent as he stood there, waiting for her to pick up. 

Maybe her phone died and that's why she hadn't picked up. 

"Ria, hey," Sam said, eyeing me. "Yeah....Where are you?"

I stood. "Let me talk to her."

"Oh, okay," Sam said. "Dean...Um, he wants to talk to you."

"Give me the phone." I held my hand out.

Sam gave me a look of what seemed to be pity. "She said she doesn't want to talk to you."