18

Chapter Eighteen 

"You're still Whore to me."

Capri's pov

"You know, I really think this is a bad idea," Dean said for the millionth time. It was getting annoying.

"Yeah, well, I'm in it now." I turned to face him, the gun in my hand now pointed at the ground between us. I looked up at him. "And according to Missouri, I was in it before you."

"No," he stated. "You weren't."

"I am now, so either teach me or I shoot you in the dick."

"Seeing as the safety has been off for the last thirty minutes while you stared at that beer can on the fence post over there, I'd say I'm safe." He crossed his arms over his chest, nodding to the fence line behind me. 

I rolled my eyes. "I knew that."

Dean scoffed a laugh, his lips ticking upward in a small smile. "Turn around."

I squared my shoulders and did as he said. In the distance, it was nothing but blurry mountains and trees beyond the small field that was fenced in. I raised the gun.

"Don't touch the trigger until you're ready to shoot." Dean tapped my hand with his finger. "Straighten your back." He placed his hands on my hips, adjusting my stance. "Breathe, focus."

I didn't breathe though. He was too close for me to breathe, too close for me to even think about breathing. I kept my eyes laser-focused on that beer can I had emptied over an hour ago at this point. Along with the other five Dean and I had shared that sat atop fence posts. 

"Safety," he said quietly.

I swallowed, clicking it off. "Now?"

"Whenever you're ready," Dean told me. "As long as it's not pointed at me."

"Hmm, way to take the fun out of this, Winchester," I quipped. "Was really hoping to shoot you in a name of practice."

"Sorry to disappoint, baby doll." He chuckled.

I curled my finger around the trigger and squeezed. The gunshot made my ears ring and my arm jerks slightly with the kick. I blinked, clicking the safety back on with a sigh.

"Missed," Dean stated. 

"I hate this," I said.

"You don't like not getting things perfect on the first try, huh, Red?" 

I looked over my shoulder at him. "No." I sighed. "I don't."

Dean's eyes softened as if he had connected dots, as if he knew me.