five

Maleena's POV

There I was. Sitting on my bed. Back to square one. Where I feel like my life is destined to be. I always find myself here. The best and worst times. This is maybe the worst.

I sat drenching my pillows in tears. A small knock on my window interrupted me. It was Matt. Of course the window was open, so he slid right in to my room.

"Beena...? Why are you crying?" Matt sat down next to me. "Who's Beena? I obviously am known by school slut." I glared at him.

"Beena! You heard that!?!?! I'm so sorry- I just didn't- I- I didn't really-" "I'm used to it Matt. I live in fear, hiding from everything around me, just waiting to knock me down. Has it ever occurred to anyone that I'm a person too? My name isn't slut. I'm not an animal. I don't suck dicks and wear thongs for a living. But apparently, that's what I'm meant for. I'll never be anything else. I'm a slut, sluts don't have feelings. Sluts don't know anything. Sluts aren't able to think. I'm nothing, really. Whatever. Use that $50 because you're never coming near me again." I cried louder.

Matt sat on my window ledge speechless. He began to climb out but before he did, he turned back to me. His eyes were filled with tears. "I didn't mean to hurt you like this. I never knew you before. I believed in those shitty stereotypes and thought that's all you are. But now I know that I'm wrong. I'll leave you alone now, but I'll never stop thinking about you." Before I could respond, Matt left the window open as he ran off, his faint sniffles down my driveway.

This boy drives me crazy. I really care about him. I understand... kinda. But I don't think I'm ready to see Matt anytime soon.

I called the one person that understands me. "Hello?" "Hey Maleena! What's up?" "Hi Kylie. You know how I told you about Matt and how nice he was to me?" I sniffled into the phone. "Yeah...?" "It was a bet. He had a bet with Zack that he would hang out with the school slut for a week." "Maleena! I feel so bad... Can I stop by?" Kylie asked. "Please?" "I'll be there in 10." "Bye"

I dashed to the door once the doorbell rang. "KYLIEE!" I screamed. "MALEEEEENNANAHSSJFUSUS" Kylie responded. We went to my room.

We sat on my bed and watched Netflix while eating donuts. "Hey Maleena. I honestly feel really bad about the whole situation with Matt. There's a sophomore party this weekend at the beach. Wanna go with me? Y'know, to get this shit out of your mind?" She laughed at the end. "Actually. I think I will go with you. I'm excited for it!" I smiled.