seven

Maleena's POV

"Maleena, will you go out with me?" Zack looked my in the eyes. I shook at his words. No, I didn't want to go out with him. "No, sorry, but no." I took his shirt off and returned it to him, then darted for the shore.

Not looking where I was going I bumped into someone. I tripped and pushed them in the water, going down with them. "Fuck, sorry!" I said panicking. It was Matt.

"Oh. Maleena." He smiled and helped me up. His smile could light up the entire galaxy. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Maleena, the only reason I addressed you as 'school slut' was because I didn't know you. I'm an idiot. I didn't know who you were. But now I know, you're an amazing girl. Beena, please, take me back." Matt grabbed both of my hands. "Of course Matt. It makes so much sense now, but what I'm about to tell you is gonna piss you off." I said while hugging him.

"Zack's little bet was a way for him to get close to me. He used you, Matt. This was all of his little plan." I told him as he guided me back to the shore. "Wait, seriously...?" Matt stared back at me. "Yeah. What're we gonna do?" I asked. "We're gonna have a looooonnggg talk."

Matt's POV

We made it back to the shore. I grasped Maleema's hand while we made our way around to find Zack. Once we found him, he gave us the death glare. "Can we talk to you for a second...?" I asked. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes. We pulled him to the side.

"What do you want?" He crossed his arms. I gave my best serious face. Zack looked scared shitless. "ZACK! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THE BET! IF YOU DIDN'T, I WOULDN'T HAVE MET MY AMAZING GIRLFRIEND, MALEENA! I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!" I turned and kissed her. Maleena was shocked. Zack stomped away angrily.

"I definitely didn't expect that, Matt." Maleena laughed. "I'm full of surprises, babe." "Whatever, Espinosa." I wrapped my arm around her as we walked back towards the party area. "Can I take you home?" I asked. "Yeah, lemme just tell Kylie."

"Kylie, Matt is taking me back home. Is that okay?" Maleena giggled. "Oh yeah! That's fine. I'm happy you two are together. Someone is driving me home too." "Who's that?" I smiled. "Tristan from my bio class!"