two

Maleena's POV

I woke up the next morning with a text from Matt.

Matt: Hey Beena!

Maleena: Hey Matt! Wanna walk to school together? 

Matt: Yea. See you at your house!

Matt is my only friend besides Kylie. Kylie is still in school but I never see her. It really sucks, but I have Matt so it isn't that bad. 

I proceded to my normal routine and waited for Matt come over. The door bell rang and I ran to get it. "Ready Beena?" Matt smiled. He was adorable. "Yep. Come on!" I ran past him. 

Once Matt caught up to me, we started to talk. "Classes start today." I sighed. "Let me see your schedule." He nudged my shoulder. We both pulled out our schedules and compared. We have English, Algebra, Art and Lunch together. "Who do you usually sit with at lunch?" Matt asked. "I used to sit with my friend Kylie, but we don't have the same lunch." I sighed. "I'll sit with you." Matt smiled. 

I felt really confused. Nobody acts this way twords me. I've never felt so cared for before. Matt actually realized I exist. "Really?" I raised and eyebrow. "Why not?" Matt laughed. 

Matt opened the door to the school and I went in. We attended our classes.

-

Time to go to English class. Mrs.Cunha is our English teacher. She did alphabetical order seats again, so I'm sitting next to Matt. "Okay everyone. Look at the person next to you, they're gonna be your partner  for this project." Mrs. Cunha pointed at everyone. I smiled at Matt. He smiled back. "Together, you guys are going to make a poster and write a paper on a famous writer or poet." Mrs. Cunha handed out a paper. We had to research William Shakespeare. We had the rest of the class to talk with our partner.

"This thing is due Thursday, It's Tuesday." Matt read the paper. "Wanna come over my house today and do it?" "Yeah sure." He smiled. Matt and I just talked the rest of the period.

The bell rang and Matt walked me to lunch. We bought our lunch and took a seat. Matt and I started eating but we got interrupted. "Matt!" the guy that was on the bleachers yesterday yelled. "I'll be right back, Beena." Matt ran to their table. Matt talked to the guy while looking at me. He came back five minutes later. "Did you miss me?" He smirked. "Kinda." I whispered. "What was that?" Matt smiled inching closer to me. "Nothing." I quickly said. He chuckled.

"Who is that guy anyways?" I asked Matt while I tied my shoelace. "He's my friend, Zack. He's a pretty cool guy." Matt sipped his drink. "Why do you look at me when you talk to him?" I said, barely audible. "Huh?" Matt asked. "You heard me." I looked up. Matt looked for an excuse. "Because I'm telling him how cute you are." He lifted my chin with his index finger. I laughed. 

-

"Who even cares about this guy anyway?" I said, researching William Shakespeare. "William Shakespeare's family cares, but I don't." Matt said across my room. Matt and I are almost finished with our project, we just need a little more info for our last paragraph. 

We finally finished up and looked at the time, 5:10. "My parents want me home by 7, so I guess we have time to hang." Matt looked at his phone. "So what do you want to do?" I sat on the kitchen counter. "I'm hungry Beena." Matt groaned. "I can make chocolate chip cookies." I said in a cocky tone. "Let's make cookies!" Matt did a little dance. 

"Here crack an egg in that bowl." I said while grabbing the flour. "Oops." Matt whispered. "MATTHHEEEWW." I walked over to see a big peice of shell in there. I plucked it out. We mixed together the dough. "Mmmh this is good." Matt ate a small piece of cookie dough. "Lemme try." I said. When I turned my head and cookie dough ploped on the tip of my nose. "Matt!" I laughed. "I got it." He ate the cookie dough off my nose. "Eww matt." I said. 

"Let's bake the cookies before we get food poisoning." I put a tray of cookies in the oven. They came out 15 minutes later. "Oh my god Beena these are my life." Matt stuffed three cookies in his mouth. "These are so good!" I said taking a bite of one. 

We decided to watch a movie. "What movie?" I asked him. "Hmm.. What about... No.. Umm... MEAN GIRLS!" Matt smiled. I put in Mean Girls and we ate our weight in cookies. In the middle of the movie, Matt stretched his arm around me. "Pretty cliché Espinosa." I giggled. " At least I tried." Matt shrugged and pulled his arm off. I grabbed his arm and wrapped it back around me. "I knew you wanted me." Matt winked. "Keep dreaming, Espinosa."