four

Maleena's POV

I woke up and thanked God it was Friday. Matt and I had plans to hang out after school. Matt rang the doorbell and we walked to school. 

"I'm excited to hang out today." I smiled. "Yeah. Meet me outside of the boys' locker room after practice." Matt smiled. His smile was bright and adorable. His dimples are perfect. He's perfect. 

I think I'm falling for Matt. I don't want to mess up our friendship, though. I won't take any chances then. "Beena? Did you hear me?" Matt asked. I snapped out of confusion, "Huh?" "Nobody will be home today, so we have the whole house to ourselves!" Matt did a little dance. I laughed.

We went to school and there was an assembly today because one of the teachers are retiring. I don't have her as a teacher, so I didn't know her. 

Once that was over, I had cheer practice. Next week is homecoming, so I'm really excited to cheer for Matt. Today they chose the flyers, the people who are lifted in the air. I was one of them, and I was in the middle of the whole routine. "Your'e a flyer? I can't carry your weight." Kayla snapped at me. I don't know why Kayla and Alex hate me so much, but I didn't really care. "They chose me to be a flyer because nobody can lift your fat ass." I smiled. "Shut up! We weigh like 60 pounds combined." Alex shouted. "That's pretty abnormal, you sould ask your doctor about that." I walked away.

I saw Kayla and Alex talking to our coach. "Maleena! Come over here right now!" Coach looked sad, not mad, but sad. "Yes?" I asked. "You really don't want to be a flyer? You would be perfect for it. Perfect weight and skills. Are you sure you don't want to be a flyer?" Coach asked me. I had no idea what she was talking about. "Of course I want to be a flyer! Who told you I didn't want to?" I raised and eyebrow. "Oh! Kayla and Alex told me you were afraid of heights and you don't like being in that position." "That's not true, I want to be a flyer more than anything." I smiled. Coach just got angry at Kayla and Alex. "Why would you say that? Lying to your own coach! I'm very ashamed of you two." Coach frowned

I was really happy that my coach believed me, because Kayla and Alex are the biggest kissups. 

Once cheer practice was over, I waited outside the boys locker room for Matt. He's been so supportive of me and helped me through the first week of sophomore year without my bestfriend Kylie. I heard Matt getting ready in the locker room, so I just waited patiently outside. 

I heard Matt talking to Zack, that annoying kid that always interrupts my conversations with Matt. "I won the bet. I hung out with the school slut for a whole week. Now give me my $50." Matt said happily. I started crying. I knew I couldn't trust him. He is just like all the others, calling me a slut and all. I don't know anymore, I don't want to even look at him. And to think that I was falling for him, he never cared one bit about who I was or how I felt. He's a pretty damn good actor because he had me believing that I actually mattered for once. I couldn't stop crying, so I left. I didn't want to hear anymore of what Matt had to say.

Matt's POV

Zack handed me the money. "I just want to say thank you." I smiled at Zack. "Why? I made you hang out with her." Zack cringed. " I realized she really isn't the 'school slut'. We've hung out alot this week, and I know so much about her. She's not like that. She's never had a boyfriend so I don't know why everyone calls her a slut. Honestly, she doesn't deserve it. Maleena is the nicest girl I've ever met, and I want to keep hanging out with her, even if you think she's a slut. She's different, and I like it. Plus she's really cute. I think I like her, but I don't know if she likes me. Anyways, she isn't a slut or a whore. I got to go, she's waiting outside for me." I told him the truth. I really do enjoy hanging out with Beena.

I walked outside of the boys' locker room. She wasn't there.