Chapter 8-Dance and Birthdays.

The day had come it happened to my birthday and the winter formal dance but oh well you where still going with Barry, you where at your friend Nicole's house getting ready for the dance (She also happens to be Jon Jafari's date) the dance is from 8-10 and you where spending the night at Nicoles afterwards.

I was wearing a strapless purple dress that went above my knees, it had ruffles and had a sash that went around the waist, it was purple and there was a white flower on it, Nicole had been wearing the same but in light blue, I had my hair curled and had light makeup on, as a funny touch all 4 of us bough converse Barry and I had purple ones and Nicole and Jon had blue ones. Nicole had more makeup then me and she had her hair pulled up into some fancy braid. We heard a knock at the door and went over to it, when we opened up we saw the guys, I blushed when I saw Barry.

He had gotten his hair cut, he shaved his stubble so he was all baby faced again, he had black dress pants and a purple shirt to match me, his tie was white and he wore his converse too, He made me blush just looking at him, although he was blushing just as much or probably even more then me.

The boys let themselves in while Jon and Nicole had a make out session, Barry pulled me into a hug, I could smell his cologne"You-You look gorgeous" Barry studderd out I immediately blushed a deep red "Thank you, but I must say Bear you are looking quite handsome yourself" he blushed again and when we pulled back I looked up at him rubbing my hands on his chin "You even shaved" he just chuckled at me "I was looking pretty rough" I just laughed at him, "Oh I almost forgot" he pulled out a corsage and helped me put it on, "Thank you Bear" he just smiled at me "Oh yeah I need help with this" he said very shyly as he pulled out a boutineer(This is the guys corsage) I just smiled at him and helped him pin his on. He thanked me.

When we finally got to the school we had to get pictures done, many people were willing to take phones and take pictures for us, Jon pushed Barry and I out to get a phone of us he mad I stand towards him and Nicole as they had our phones, he got Barry to put his arms around my waist and rest his head kind of on mine, I got butterflies from this and it made me feel so nervous, we got a couple of photos done before finally going upstairs to the gym. Once up there much of the time was spent for me and Nicole laughing at how Barry and Jon could not dance at all. They were trying but it was just kind of terrible they pulled us out to the dance floor, for the first few dances it was awkward but I got use to it.

It was now about 9:30pm and most of the single people left because it was now all slow songs. Thinking Out Loud turned on and Jon lead Nicole to the dance floor, Barry blushed and handed me his hand motioning toward the dance floor, I felt the butterflies again but I took his hand, he pulled me to the floor and rested his hands just above my waist and I rested mine on his shoulders, it was awkward for a little while "Sorry if I can't dance" Barry said while looking at the floors "It's okay you just do this" I motioned and showed him threw the basic 4 steps you do while slow dancing "How do you know how to do this?" I smiled at him "Every daddy and his daughter have to dance at some point in their life." he laughed at me and we continued to dance. Next Andy Grammer I Choose You came on next we pulled closer together and I laid my head on Barry while he slid his hands lower around my waist now, he had his head on mine and we just swayed at the music played. I could hear his heartbeat again and it was soothing it felt like forever but soon the music ended and we all walked home, as we were walking back to Nicole's house Barry intertwined his fingers with mine and we held hands the entire way home. Once we got home Nicole asked if the boys wanted to spend the night because her parents would not be home they agreed and Barry called his mom and said he was with Jon. We got changed into cloths to sleep in while Jon grabbed some cloths he had at Nicole's house for Barry, when everyone was changed we sat and watched movies until it was really late, well they watched movies and I changed my phones lockscreen to Barry and I and then the wallpaper to a silly selfie Barry and I took, we had made a bed on the floor and just stayed there, soon Nicole and Jon left to go to her room and 'sleep' so it was just me and Barry, I pulled him in for a hug "Thank you for a great Birthday Bear!" he chuckled "Well I'm glad you liked it, Oh I almost forgot!" He walked over to his pants pocket and pulled out something when he walked back over he handed it to me while lying down. I opened it and it was a ring and it had my name engraved into it I immediately hugged Barry "Aww Bear you didn't have too!" he just smiled at me and said "But I wanted to, So happy Birthday Cass!" I put the ring on my right hand ring finger, we laid back down and fell asleep in each other's arms. It was an amazing Birthday and the best night ever. All night my butterflies and blushing never stopped, Barry made me feel so special like I meant something to him, and I never wanted this to change. It was this night I knew my crush had stopped and I think I was in love with Barry, this warm fuzzy feeling had not left me and I never wanted it too.