Chapter 9 -Barry's Birthday

-----Barry's POV------

It was the night before my Birthday, I was downstairs on the couch with Alex and we had been watching movies until he paused the movie and said "Dude what's on your mind? You have barley even been watching the movie" I stared at him but thought for a moment I should tell him the truth, I put my head in my hands and mumbled "Cassie" "Well what about her?" he asked trying to get the truth out of me "I-I-I think I'm going to ask her out tomorrow..." I said quietly hoping he would not hear me but he did "That's great buddy!" he made me chuckle "Just do it and tell her the truth you'll be fine I promise" I did not really believe him so I just said "Thanks"

---------------The Next Morning-----------

I was woken up by Alex jumping on my bed yelling "Happy Birthday Booger!" I just laughed at him "Thanks" I said into my pillow. Soon enough he left and I got dressed and ready for the day.

Alex then drove me and Cassie to the movies and dropped us off and drove away. We walked into the theater and she spoke up "You're the birthday boy you pick the movie" I chuckled "Even a horror film?" she gave me a smirk "Yep" I wanted a horror film because that's what I can get Cassie to watch and she'll freak out and end up holding my hand. We got tickets for the movie and went in, we walked to the top row, as there was only two people up there. During the movie I was more nervous about how I'd ask Cassie after then I was actually scared of the movie. There was many jump scares and Cassie held my hand through them while I chuckled at her.

After the movie as we walked out Cassie asked me "Was that fun for you to watch me get scared?" I chuckled at her "Yeah I think it's cute" she looked away and blushed, we walked out of the theater we walked to the park and just walked around for awhile before we sat on a bench, we sat in silence before I finally got the guts to stand up "Cassie there's something I need to ask you" my heart raced faster and faster I had many butterflies and I was screwed because I could not back out now.

She stood up "What's up Bear?" she made me blush and I wrapped my arms around from behind her waist and I rested my head on hers "I don't really know how to say this bu-but I've liked you ever since we met that first day at school, you gave me butterflies just by saying "Hi" and so far I have been way to nervous to ask but I thought I may as well take the chance, Cassie I know I'm like the biggest nerd and I completely understand why you would say no, but I love to watch you smile Cass, and I love being with you and when we cuddle or feel asleep together I could not help but feel like that was how we were meant to be together... I don't want that to change, I want to be with you, I get jealous when I see you with any other guys and I can't stand to think they have as good of a chance with you as I do so I guess what I am trying to say is" I turned her around so she was facing me and I held her hand "W-Will you be my girlfriend?" I studded out asking extremely shy, she looked up at me and smiled, she held my hand tighter and leaned up to hug me "Yes" she said almost as shy as how I asked we stood there hugging for a moment before she broke the silence "By the way you were the only guy that stood a chance with me" I chuckled at her without really believing it.

-------Cassie's POV-------

I could not believe what Barry had said, I mean I thought Jon was kidding about Barry liking me so for me to hear those words it was like heaven or music to my ears, we had been hugging for a while when I looked up at him he had a smile that would melt you heart, I finally spoke "By the way you were the only guy that stood a chance with me" because it was very true he was really the only guy I was comfortable and shared almost all of the same interests together, he chuckled at me, I pulled him back towards the park bench, we sat down together and he wrapped his arm around me and held me close, "Barry was this a date?" he started to blush at me "Ugh yeah but not a very good one" he said while chuckling nervously "Your right it was not good it was perfect" I said while he held me tighter and he looked down at me blushing. "Are your parents home?" he asked shyly "No everyone went to my grandparents house today, I used the whole I had lots of homework excuse, why did you want to go to my place?" I asked him "Ugh yeah sure if you don't mind" he smiled at me "Nope they will be home around 8 so we have time" We stood up and started to walk to my house, Barry grabbed my hand, and we intertwined our fingers and continued to walk to my house