Chapter 7

Ash's POV

Ash's life went back to normal. Well as normal as it could get in a demon academy. Classes resumed and a lot of work was pending so she didn't mind the stares of other students. They've all been giving her the cold shoulder ever since she got involved with Damien. Nasty rumors about her were spreading. Usually Ash never minded those kinds of comments since she was used to it ever since she was little. People always talk behind her back for coming from a family full of debts,  but this time, something was different. There was a voice inside her mind telling her to show those pesky lowlifes their place. 

'What is wrong with me' Ash thought to herself. Thought such as 'I'm the most powerful' or 'That's right, you should quiver in fear before me for I'm your curse'often occurred to her. 'Maybe I'm spending too much time with these demons?'

What made matters even more worse was that Mara was now personally assigned to escort her since that incident. That made her a living target for Elizabeth, Mara's fiancee. 

Ash's biology class just finished. She was alone in the park. That was the only class that Mara didn't attend with her. She was drinking her soda when Elizabeth and her gang came. As usual she was wearing flashy clothes to show off her royal blood-line. Behind Elizabeth were three other demons and a human. 

"Well well well if it isn't miss Ash." She said.

"You know her lady Elizabeth?" One of the demons asked behind her even though  they all know Ash already. 

"Well of course. After all she's famous for hooking up with any guy she finds. First that foolish lizard and now Mara. There's also a rumor saying she even hooked up with a Scarlet demon." Elizabeth said laughing.

"Oh no. We must protect all our fiancee's." One of the others said joining Elizabeth.

Usually Ash either ignores it, or just tell what happened to Magnus. That's how she had always been. Magnus everyone who made fun of Ash to pulp. But for some reason. Ash's personality felt nasty towards her. As if her pride couldn't take being insulted by her.

"Oh well ketchup head. Don't have anything better to do? Like grazing the grass for example?" Ash said before she could control herself.

"What did you just say? I dare you to repeat it." Elizabeth said fuming.

"I said, don't you have to be grazing the grass or something like the cow you are?" Ash said. 'Shut up before things get ore out of control' Ash said to herself.

Elizabeth's nostrils were flaring. But before she could say another word, Mara stopped her from behind.

"That's enough." Mara said from behind "Brunette watch your mouth. No matter how nasty Elizabeth's personality is, she's still a high ranking pure-blood demon and you're a human. Only The Spade and the Scarlet family have any rights to speak against the royals. I'll let this slide since you're new to this place. But a next insult will not be tolerated. Personally I don't care what you say to Elizabeth since she deserved that, but as a demon of high rank, our pride prevents us from tolerating insult from a mere human." he continued.

"Hmm I'll let it slide since my dear Mara said so. But the next time you do it, I'll personally curse you using the powers of my very guardian you insulted." Elizabeth said.

Ash knew she should shut up but she couldn't help herself from adding "You can't curse the very definition of curse can you."Ash said sneering. 

"YOU-" But before Elizabeth could do anything Mara stopped her.

"That's enough Elizabeth. Leave." Mara said.

Elizabeth just flicked her hair and left with her minions following her. Once she left Mara turned to me wide eyed.