Chapter 8

Ash's POV

Mara and Ash have been traveling for a whole day. First they took a bus. It took nearly 18 hours and then they took off on foot. They walked about three hours into a forest. the sky was darkening quickly and it was becoming cold. So they decided to stop by a cave for the night. 

"Agh no signal." Ash said after opening her phone.

"What do you expect in the middle of a forest where normal humans aren't allowed?" Mara said.

"How does this forest prevent humans from entering anyways?"  Ash asked.

"Well there are several array set up outside of the forest. It was created by the Lanze family. It induces fear on any humans who try to cross the border. This is actually another test that proves you're not a human." Mara said.

"Oh I see." Ash replied.

"You go sleep. I'll take the first watch." Mara said. 

Ash nodded and went to her bedspread. As soon as she lied down, her eye lids felt heavy and she slept instantly. 

Mara's POV.

As soon as she lied down, she slept. 

'that was fast.' Mara thought. 

The brunette was Zeke. The girl he loved since he was 8 years old. Despite his facade, he was actually very shocked. That girl's sweet innocent personality was nothing like Zeke's cunning and snarky personality. Zeke also had midnight black hair with ruby red eyes that sparkled whenever she had a mischievous idea. Zeke was a fast learner. She was only 9 when she mastered all the basics there is to know about the Scarlet family. She even manged to shift to her true form at that age. And she also managed to summon two familiars.

Mara was lost in thought about Yoru when he heard a noise outside. Ash woke up at the same time as well.

They went to check outside and there was a horde of trolls. 

"What the heck is that?" Ash asked.

"These are trolls, they are demon familiars." Mara explained.

"And what the heck is a familiar?" Ash asked.

"Creatures summoned as servants of demons." Mara said as he lifted his hands.

Ash's POV. 

Mara was going on about familiars when suddenly those trolls spotted us. They charged towards us. At the same time Mara lifted his hands and the ground shook. Skeletons came out of the ground and started attacking the trolls.

"My army can't hold on for long. Let's get out of here quickly." Mara said. 

Ash and Mara ran for their lives. After a few minutes, they came to their regular walking pace.  

"You're supposed to have two familiars as well." Mara broke the silence.

"I do?" Ash asked.

"Yes. Those two nasty creatures with the same personality as you." Mara said.

"Excuse me, but did you just say I have a nasty personality?" Ash asked offended. 

"You sure do." Mara said laughing.

"Anyways, how do I look like?" Ash asked.

"Well you have midnight black hair, pale complexion and ruby red eyes."  Mara said.

"What about my true form?" Ash asked.

"Your true form is called 'Devil's greed Mammon.' When you're in that form, you have bat like wings and your black hair turns silver and one eye turns blue while the other eye turns yellow. You also have horns." he replied.