Chapter Five

After 5 minutes of speeding through the jungle in our jeep, Gray spoke up from the back seat "Okay I think I'm gonna throw up."

I turned around to him and took one of his hands in mine "Just hold on okay? We'll be there soon, we'll be safe soon. I promise."

I turned my body back in my seat to face forward. I could feel Zach looking at me so I looked at him.

"What?" I laughed.

"Thank you" he mouthed.

"Anytime" I smiled genuinely.

While staring out the window at the jungle flying by me I began to worry about Owen again. With all the experience he has he's probably fine but what if he tried to be a hero. He always tries to do the right thing which is good but what if this time it bites him in the ass. Literally.

I just want to see my brother again.

"Zach can you please slow down?!" spoke Gray in a shaky voice.

"You know you probably can, we're almost there." I said.

Zach sighed "Okay fine, but I am really getting good at this driving thing!"

I laughed "You wish!"

"Guarantee I'm better than you!" Zach scoffed.

"Woah woah no way! I drove my brothers motorbike once and didn't even crash it!" I boasted.

That was a total lie, I totally crashed Owen's bike. That's why he's been fixing it for so long.

Zach was about to say something but was interrupted by Gray, "Zach you're gonna want to speed up again."

"What?! Why?!" Zach shouted.

"That's why!" I shouted while moving the rear view mirror so Zach could see what was in the sky behind us.

In the sky were hundreds of Pterodactyls and Dimorphodons flying towards the park.

"Oh Shit!" Zach shouted.

"Go go go!" Gray screamed.

Suddenly our jeep drove through a gate that brought us onto a path that lead to the rear entrance of the park!

I could see two guards standing watch on top of the entrance so naturally I stuck my head out of the window and started yelling at them.

"Hey! Open the gate! Open the gate!"

The guards looked at each other and then looked to the sky at the horrific sight of hundreds of flying dinosaurs headed their way.

Before I could yell again Zach grabbed my arm and pulled me back into the jeep.

"Sorry, I just don't want you to fall!" he spoke sincerely while flicking his eyes between me and the road.

I was about to thank him but Gray started shouting "Zach the gate is opening speed up! speed up!"

"I wanna go through the gate not crash into the gate!" Zach exclaimed.

"Just get there!" I screamed.

After Zach successfully got us back to the park with no injury we ditched the jeep and headed for the main plaza.

When we got there it was a total mess. Everyone was running around like total maniacs while the pterodactyls were swooping down trying to grab people.

"What do we do know?!" Gray shouted.

Before Zach or I could reply a woman I didn't know grabbed Zach from behind and started yelling at him.

"I've been looking everywhere for you two! Your Aunt is going to kill me if I don't get you back to her! So let's go! Now!"

I pulled Zach down to my level so he could hear me, "Who is she?!"

He turned his face towards mine and spoke in my ear so I could hear him "My aunts assistant Zara, we ditched her earlier, I guess she's pretty mad!"

Zara started yelling at us about moving but before she could finish her sentence a Dimorphodon swooped down and picked her up by her shoulders. The creature flew away with her and dropped her into the Mosasaurs' enclosure.

I turned my face into Zach's chest because I did not want to see Zara's fate.

After about 30 seconds Zach brought his head down to mine "it's over!" He shouted.

I nodded and turned around to look at the rest of the plaza. Still a total mess.

Suddenly a few pterodactyls started dropping dead from the sky. One even landed right in front of us, completely lifeless.

"Gunshots! I hear gunshots!" Gray screamed.

"I hear them too, they must be at the other end of the plaza!" Zach shouted.

"Let's go!" I screamed.

All three of us took off running together, dodging people and falling dinos left and right.

The noise of the bullets was getting louder by the second.

In the distance I could see a firing squad of around 6 Jurassic World soldiers. Well that explains who has been shooting them down.

Just behind the squad I could see some guy with a Pterodactyl literally on top of him.

Holy crap.

That's not just some guy, It's Owen!

Before I could even scream, Zach pushed Gray and I to the ground and proceeded to pull us up against a wall.

I was about to yell at him but I realised that a Dimorphodon was sliding along the ground about to impale us.

All three of us were pressed right up against the wall, Gray between Zach and I.

I breathed a sigh of relief and nodded my thanks to Zach.

He smiled in return.

"Is that Aunt Claire?!" Gray shouted while pointing behind the firing squad.

I don't think I'll ever get the image of what I saw out of my head.

It was Owen and Claire, they were- oh god- kissing.

I decided to let the kiss slide because boy am I glad Owen is okay.

"Owen!" I yelled.

His head whipped to the side and his eyes locked on me.

I sprinted over to him as fast as I could.

He picked me up and held me in a warm embrace.

"Dani thank god! I thought I'd lost you!" He exlaimed.

He put me down and started examining me for injuries. "Are you okay?! Are you broken?!"

I laughed "I'm fine I'm fine!"

He pulled me into another hug "Good"

"So what are we supposed to do now?" I asked while picking Owen's gun off the ground and handing it to him.

He placed the strap of the gun over his shoulder, "Well first I'm gonna get you and Claire's nephews safe and then I'm gonna make sure that the Indominus Rex dies today."

I was stunned.

"Indominous Rex? That is the dumbest name for a dinosaur I have ever heard."

•••••

helloooo!
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it was kinda hard for me to write so I'm sorry if it's bad lol.
Anyway thank you all so much for the feedback and votes! It really means a lot.
Vote and comment if you wanna :))
Lots of love,
-Indy x