Striving To Turn Curses Into Cheers.

Hina and Kareena also revealed relieved smiles.

Karan's team had tried their best to defend Shina. Through the evidence, they also knew that Shina was not innocent. Their defense of Shina went from pleading her as innocent at the beginning to try to fight for a reduced punishment.

They weren't surprised to hear the result. They weren't sad, because as lawyers, they had done their best to do what they had to do.

Only Shina's face was pale as she looked around at the crowd.

The people in the crowd looked at her with contempt. Yash Pratap and Tapas Pratap naturally couldn't be here, and Tinki had a chance to work today, so she didn't come.

She deserved it. The family she'd been so proud of was now falling apart, never to be the same.

She lowered her head. There was a visible scar on her face from the day Yash Pratap had beaten her. She wasn't a star anymore, nor was she a rich lady. She was just a criminal in a prison uniform. With her hair combed up, she couldn't hide the blemishes on her face anymore.

Her face without makeup looked as if she had aged a dozen years. Her hair, which wasn't styled, lacked volume. It lay limply on her scalp. At this moment, she looked no different from any other ordinary woman her age.

Kareena walked to her side and looked at her sadly. "Shina, you're finally going to pay the price for your actions."

Shina glared at Kareena fiercely. If it weren't for Kareena, this matter would have been over, but it was her who dug up the past.

Kareena said, "Tanu treated you well, and so did I. The two of us had always treated you as a true friend. Otherwise, we wouldn't have protected you in your career. And how did you repay us? Tanu's family was ruined because of you, and two children were displaced when they were still so young. Don't you have nightmares when you sleep at night?"

"You were the one who hit them, not me. Why would I have nightmares?" Shina asked viciously.

Kareena pinched her fingers tightly and said, "As long as you have a clear conscience."

......

Shina was taken away by two police officers. A long prison sentence awaited her.

Kareena closed her eyes. She was still haunted by the past trauma.

It was not that she did not feel guilty. If she had cared more about Tanu back then, things might not have ended up like this... The responsibility she had to bear was indeed not small.

"Mom!" Rudra ran over and hugged her. "You're finally fine. I knew you would be fine."

Kareena smiled and said, "You're already an adult. Don't run around so rashly in the future."

"I just wanted to hug you as soon as possible."

Kareena looked behind him and said to Hina, "Thank you, Lawyer Hina."

"You don't have to thank me. I took a large legal fee from Gaurav. I was just doing my job."

"If you see Gaurav, send him my regards." Kareena had not seen Gaurav attend the past few trials, so she did not have the chance to chat with him in person.

However, she knew in her heart that inviting Hina over was the best repayment Gaurav could give her, even though Hina's first priority was to send Shina to prison.

"I will." Hina nodded.

Rudra said, "Sister Ishi promised to invite Lawyer Hina to dinner. I should accompany them. Mom, you should come too."