Commitment

The door knocked, and I quickly opened it. There she stood, her face lighting up as she saw me. Without hesitation, I pulled her inside and wrapped my arms around her, holding her gently.

"How was your day, babe?" I asked, pressing a soft kiss to her head.

She looked up at me, her expression curious but guarded. "Why did you call me here so urgently?" she asked.

I sighed. I couldn’t help but notice the distance between us. Her responses were shorter, less engaged. I was doing everything I could to show her my love and care, but I couldn’t tell if it was making a difference.

"I have a surprise for you," I said,

I led her into the room, where everything was arranged just as I’d planned—a beautiful setup for a movie date. The room was decorated with candles and soft lighting, creating a warm, inviting atmosphere.

I had selected "The Notebook" for tonight. Even though romantic films aren’t really my thing, I chose it because I knew how much she loved it. I hoped that watching it together would bring back the sweet memories we shared and add a touch of romance to our evening.

"Movie setup?" she asked, clearly surprised.

"Yeah," I replied, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

She shook her head in mild disbelief. "Jungkook, the kids are at home. I thought it was something urgent that’s why I came."

"Babe, I told Adele to stay at the house and take care of them," I said, trying to reassure her.

"But Jungkook—" She sighed, looking unconvinced.

"Babe, please," I pleaded.

"Do you want to eat something?" I asked, trying to divert her attention from her concerns.

"No, I just had dinner with the kids," she replied, her voice calm but distant.

I nodded and led her over to the movie setup. She settled into the cozy arrangement I’d prepared, and I took a seat behind her.

"What are you doing?" she asked, her tone curious as she noticed my movements.

I gently pulled her back so her body rested against my chest, her legs comfortably nestled between mine. She seemed a bit puzzled by the closeness, but I hoped the physical connection would convey my feelings.

I kissed her softly on the top of her head. "Like this," I said softly, trying to create a tender moment.

I wondered if I was coming off as too cheesy, but my feelings were sincere. I could see the confusion in her eyes, and I knew she might be questioning whether this was all just an act.

No, it’s not an act. I love you, and I want to make you happy. I’m not pretending—I genuinely want us to reconnect and find joy in these moments together.

As the movie played, I leaned in and asked, “Do you remember the first movie we saw together?”

She chuckled,

“Iron man"

"Yeah " i hummed softly.

"I was so annoyed that you dragged me to a superhero movie, of all things.”

I laughed softly, feeling a little sheepish. “Yeah, I was completely into it. I acted like a kid in a candy store, didn’t I?”

“Definitely,” she replied, shaking her head with a smile. “You were so excited. I think I ended up enjoying it just because you were having so much fun.”

“That’s the best part, isn’t it?” I said, squeezing her hand gently. “Seeing the joy in someone’s eyes makes it all worthwhile, even if it’s not exactly your thing.”