Prologue

The Avengers all sat around in Shawarma, eating their food silently, while prisoner Loki sat in the back corner defeated. Tony Stark was staring at him curiously, his gaze flitting from an oblivious Athena, to a defeated Loki.
   "What are you looking at?" Loki snapped, noticing Stark's gaze.
   "Loki!" Athena scolded quietly.
   "I just don't get it." Stark admitted, ignoring the strange looks given to him.
   "Get what?" Steve Rogers asked him with a frown.
   "That Reindeer Games here," Stark said, pointing to Loki, "was a good person just what, a year ago?"
   "And that Athena was with him." Natasha Romanoff added.
   "I do not see the problem in that." Thor Odinson shrugged. "Everyone was hoping for them two to court. From mother, father, our friends, our people - even our enemies when we were in battle!"
   "And we never knew until the last minute." Athena looked down sadly. Loki looked at her with soft eyes for a moment, before they hardened when he realised there was people watching them.
   "I'm not trying to be rude here or anything. . ." Clint Barton said to Athena, completely ignoring Loki. "I just don't see Loki as the guy who had went into battle and brought peace." What do you expect? Loki had controlled his mind.
   "How did all of this start?" Bruce Banner asked the three demigods. "How did this whole revenge thing start?"
   Athena and Thor turned to Loki. "Do you want to start the story, brother?" Thor offered.
   "We are not brothers!" Loki hissed. "But nonetheless, I will."
   "Ooh, story time!" Stark said sarcastically, though he was interested.
   Steve obviously didn't see Stark look interested, and sent him a glare. "Start the story." Steve said, motioning Loki to start. Loki took a deep breath, glancing at Athena's way, before staring straight ahead.
   "It all started before I knew the truth about myself. . ." he started.