Chapter 8

Loki breathed out a sigh of relief, unaware that he was holding his breath. A whimper of pain distracted him, making him remember about Athena. "Athena. . ." Loki murmured concerned, seeing her unconscious face twist in pain. "We got to go!" Loki hissed to Volstagg who was the closest to them. "Now!"
   "Odin is almost done speaking to Laufey." Volstagg whispered back. Suddenly the Jotuns started advancing towards them, making Loki panic and create a forcefield around them all; but it was not needed, since the Bifrost opened for them, just before their enemy can get to them.
   The bright light finally ceased, and Heimdall quickly went to aid them, along with some guards. Loki quickly handed Athena to Heimdall. "Take her to the healers." he said quickly. "Please."
   "Of course, sire." Heimdall nodded, lifting Athena up gently and effortlessly. Everyone then left the Bifrost, so it was only just Loki, Thor, and their father.
***
Athena opened her eyes, to see a blinding light. "She's waking up!" she heard a woman exclaim.
   "She's not supposed to wake up yet!"
   "We're still trying to heal her while she's unconscious!"
   "Quickly, make her fall asleep again!"
   And Athena was out like a light again.
***
Loki walked numbly to the healers room, shocked at what he just witnessed. Odin had banished Thor from Asgard, stripping him of his powers. This was not part of Loki's plan. . .
   Loki finally reached the door of the healers, and immediately snapped out of his daze; Athena was more important at the moment.
   He opened the door, to see the healers cleaning Athena up. "Is she going to be okay?" Loki asked them quietly, startling them.
   "Prince Loki!" one of the head healers exclaimed, a hand over her heart. "You startled us!"
   "My apologies," he said emotionlessly, emotionally tired, "Athena is okay, yes?"
   "We are not sure." the same head healer answered. "It seems she is in an Odin sleep."
   "No." Loki whimpered, staring down at Athena's peaceful face. "I can't lose her too."
   They then left to give him some privacy. "Please, wake up," Loki whispered, grabbing her hand, "I love you."
   There. It was official; he finally said the three words in front of her. . .even though she's unconscious and in an Odin sleep.
   "We are in danger now," Loki said to her, "Thor is now banished from Asgard until further notice." Loki then remembered the incident at Jotunheim. "I gotta go." Loki placed a small kiss on the back of her hand, standing up. "I need to do something."
   Loki then left, while staring down at his arm that the Frost Giant had touched.
***
Athena slowly started to gain consciousness, her eye sight blurry still. "Loki?" she croaked out, wanting her best friend's comfort. There was no response though, only silence. "Loki?" she called again.
"Lady Athena!" someone called out to her. Athena turned to the voice and saw it was one of the healers that called out to her. "How are you feeling?"
"Where's Loki?" Athena asked, ignoring the healer's question. "I need to see him immediately."
"King Loki is at the throne -"
"What?" Athena snapped her attention to the healer. "King Loki? Since when did Loki turn into the King? What happened to Allfather?"
"He fell into Odinsleep." the healer explained, checking Athena's temperature. "The Queen refuses to leave his side which leaves Loki to have the throne." Athena immediately started to sit up. "My lady, what are you doing?"
"I need to see him." she said through gritted teeth, trying to hide her pain from her wound. "I have saw some things that needs explaining."
"But you can't!" the healer protested. "You just woke up -"
"I must see him!" Athena yelled out frustrated. On cue, the doors opened, revealing Loki looking worn out. "Loki!" she breathed out relieved. Without thinking, she hopped out of the bed and made her way to him. However, she only made it halfway until the pain took over, making her fall to the ground. Luckily Loki was meeting her halfway, and had caught her just in time. "Loki. . ." she said through her pain. "You're okay. . ."
"Thank you for taking care of her." Loki said to the healer, lifting Athena up in bridal style. "I'll be taking her to her chambers."
The healer nodded at his words, before leaving the room. Loki glanced down at Athena sadly. "Come on," he said gently, "you need some rest."
"No." she protested. "I need to talk to you -"
"And you will." Loki nodded, walking out of the healers room. "When you are on a bed, resting."
"Take me to your chambers then." she said. Loki glanced at her surprised. "I told you, I need to talk to you." Loki pursed his lips, agreeing to her request. The rest of the walk was in silence, both in their own world. Athena was going over what she saw when she was unconscious, while Loki was still trying to take in that he was not he was.
They finally reached his chambers, and Loki slowly lowered Athena to his bed, making sure she was comfortable. "Now," he said, sitting on the edge of his bed, "what is it that you needed to speak to me so badly?"
"Loki, I saw some things." Athena whispered, avoiding his gaze. "I saw you," she looked up at his face, "and you were in your Jotun form. You're a Frost Giant, aren't you."