Chapter 11

Loki watched horrified as the love of his life fell down into the dark abyss. "ATHENA!" he screamed, clinging onto the sceptre with one hand, the other outstretched as if trying to reach down to her. The last look he saw from her was a look of sadness but love to him. "NO!"
   "Athena. . ." he heard Thor and Odin murmur sadly. Loki looked up at Odin.
   "I could have done it father," he cried, "for us! For Athena."
   "No, Loki." Odin responded gravely. Loki looked at him with such hatred and betrayal, and glanced down below him.
   If I won't be accepted here, he thought, then I'll just join Athena. Loki looked up at them, his emotions hidden. Knowing what Loki was going to do, Thor panicked.
   "Loki, no!" Thor yelled down at him.
   "I'm coming, my love." Loki murmured, letting go of the sceptre.
   "NO!" was the last thing he heard from Thor before he was in darkness.
   I'm coming, Athena.
***
Bright light invaded Athena's eye sight, making her close her eyes with a wince. Finally, she opened her eyes and took her surroundings in. She then noticed a woman's face hovering over hers. "Hello?" she was saying. "Can you hear me? Do you know a Thor?"
   "Thor. . .Loki. . ." Athena murmured, sitting up quickly, only to grimace in pain. She took a hard fall from the rainbow bridge. But nonetheless, she started to sit up slowly and glance up at the sky. "Heimdall? Loki? Thor?" she called up to the sky. "Can anyone hear me?"
   "Yeah, we can hear you crazy woman." a voice said from behind her. Athena whirled around, and saw three people standing before her; a man and two women. One woman had black hair and was chewing on gum, while the other woman had brown hair and was staring at Athena with intrigue, while the man seemed to be in his seventies, and was staring at Athena warily.
   "You said Thor, before." the second woman said. "Do you know him?"
   "Thor. . ." Athena murmured, glancing up at the sky. "Of course I know Thor, mortal. Who are you? How do you know him?"
   Before the woman could respond, black SUV cars started arriving, followed by two helicopters. "Oh no. . ." Athena heard the man say.
   "Ma'am, please kneel down with your hands behind your head!" a voice called out from a microphone. Athena looked around in confusion and fear.
   "What?" she whispered, fear all over her face. "I demand to see Loki and Thor!"
   "Look! She's harmless!" the second woman yelled to the vehicles, standing in front of Athena protectively. "You don't need to threaten her!"
   "She's an alien!" the old man yelled to her over the loudness from the helicopters.
   "She knows Thor!" the woman argued back.
   "But how do you know my friend Thor?" Athena asked her.
   "I'm his girlfriend." the woman said with a sheepish grin. Athena have her a blank look. "I'm his. . .lover." she attempted to clarify. A look of understanding went on Athena's face.
   "Interesting. . ." Athena said to herself.
   "Miss Foster, please step away from the alien." the same voice called out. "You don't know the dangers you are in."
   "She's not going to hurt me!" she protested. She turned to Athena. "Right?"
   "Why would I hurt Thor's lover?" was Athena's reply.
   "See? She won't hurt me!"
   "Nonetheless, ma'am, we need to follow protocol."
   Suddenly men all armed up with weapons came towards them, two holding the old man's and the first woman captured. Miss Foster stood closer to Athena in an attempt to protect her. "Move to the side please, mortal." Athena said, moving Miss Foster to the side gently. She took a deep breath, and released some magic, sending the armed men backwards. Miss Foster looked at Athena in awe.
   "How did you do that?" she asked in awe. Athena smirked at her interest.
   "Magic -"
   "NO!" Miss Foster suddenly yelled, looking behind Athena with wide eyes. Before Athena could do anything, she was suddenly knocked out.
***
Five months later. . .
Athena opened her eyes slowly to see the familiar white ceiling. She looked to her right arm and saw the usual needles stuck to her, along with handcuffs to hold her still. Five months. Five months since he fell from the Rainbow Bridge, since she last saw Loki, and Thor. Five months she has been in the lab being tested on like a lab rat. SHIELD had taken her, and started running tests on her, much to her dismay. She fought, at first, only to be forced in the experiments, such as being tranquillised and other torturous stuff. Five months since she had last seen the kind Miss Foster, who was also Thor's lover.
   The door opened again, revealing the man with an eyepatch, who always visited to see how the scientists were doing. Another man would come as well, the one that was at New Mexico, trying to get her to surrender. She gathered that his name was Phil Coulson. She also noticed that when he looked at her, she saw sadness and regret; like he didn't want this happening to her.
   "Good morning again, ma'am." the man with the eyepatch said. He never told her name, and Athena preferred it that way, since they don't know her name.
   Athena said nothing, and instead closed her eyes, awaiting for the pain from the experiments she was going to get start. "You have a new person to study you." he continued, like they were having a normal conversation. "You will also be having a person to keep guard, with you trying to leave and all that."
   "Sir," Coulson spoke up quietly, "she hasn't made any leave ever since you tortured her."
   "Good." he said. "We need all the information we need about her species. We need to prepare for anything that is out of this world."
   "So we won't be needing Barton then." Coulson said.
   "Oh we do, just to give a bit of fear."
   Athena opened her eyes and glared at the man, hatred surging through her veins. The door suddenly opened again, revealing two more men, one she recognised from New Mexico. It was the old man that was friends with Miss Foster.
   His eyes widened at the state she was in, along with the other guy that entered with him.