Chapter 12

"What is the meaning of this!" the old man exclaimed. He immediately went to Athena's side and started checking over her. "Are you okay?" he asked her.
   "H. . .help me. . ." she rasped out, the first words she had said in months. "Please. . ." she croaked out. "I-I j-just want t-to go h-home."
   "This is barbaric!" the other man added, going to her side as well. "Come on, help me get rid of these needles." he muttered to the old man. Scientists in the room began to protest, only to be met with the man's death stare.
   "Doctor Selvig, before I recall, you were the one that agreed that she was dangerous." the eyepatch man said. The other man glanced up and gave a glare to the old man.
   "W-well yeah." the old man flustered, embarrassed. "But that was before Jane told me that she was no harm and knew Thor."
   "Sir, this is not how we handle these situations." the other man said. "I may have to defy your orders and get her somewhere safe."
   "You will do no such thing, Agent." the eyepatch man responded calmly.
   "SHE'S NOT A LAB RAT, FURY!" he yelled. "Didn't you even try to just talk to her?"
   "Barton do you not remember what happened when that Thor guy came?"
   "Do you not remember what he said before he left?" he retorted. "He said he would become our ally if you do not cause harm to any of his dear friends."
   Athena watched them with weak eyes, though feeling her magic starting to come to her thanks to the needles no longer being in her, and felt grateful for the two men to finally save her. The Coulson man was quiet throughout the whole thing.
   "Seriously Fury," the other man was saying, "I will quit my job, and will be leaving with her if you do not allow me to fix her right."
   "A-and I'll quit as well and bring her to Jane." Doctor Selvig added, helping Athena to sit up.
   "A-and to think you m-mortals were lovely creatures." Athena croaked out, leaning heavily against Selvig.
   "Sir," Coulson spoke up, "I'm sorry, but I have to agree with them. If Thor were to find out what was happening with his friend, he would surely kill us all."
   Athena felt gratitude for the man and gave a small smile.
   "Fine!" Fury snapped. "You can take her and leave peacefully - but if this world ever falls because of alien activity that we didn't know, I am blaming you three." And with that, the man with the eyepatch left.
   "Come on, dear." Selvig murmured, making Athena stand on her feet. "Time to go somewhere safe. Agent Barton, if you will." Barton nodded and lifted Athena up easily, bridal style.
   "I'll get a Quinjet ready for your leave." Coulson said. "I presume New Mexico is where you want to go?"
   "Yes." Selvig nodded. "Jane will be thrilled to have her to finally finish her studies -"
   "No!" Athena croaked out. "N-no experiments, please!"
   "Oh! N-no-no-no-no-no-no!" Selvig rushed out. "Not in that way!"
   "It better not be, Selvig." Barton said with a warning voice, his hold tightening around Athena.
   "Jane, Darcy and I are simply going to get you cleaned up and healed, and then we will just ask you a few questions about space." Selvig told her. Athena merely nodded and closed her eyes, welcoming the darkness that was crawling into her mind.
***
Thor rushed to the Rainbow Bridge with Frigga in tow, important news coming from Heimdall.
   "Heimdall." Thor acknowledged, meeting the seer at the end of the bridge. "You wanted to see us?"
   "Yes, it is of Lady Athena."
   "What?" Frigga gasped, feeling tears gather in her eyes.
   "I-I thought she died." Thor mumbled, feeling happiness. He then felt a tiny bit of hope that Loki maybe was still alive, though just hidden in the abyss.
   "She's been alive, though sadly she hasn't been treated good." Heimdall revealed. "She landed in New Mexico, where Lady Jane is, only to have been taken by people that go by the name of, SHIELD."
   "What happened." Thor demanded.
   "She was used as something to study." Heimdall answered, much to their dismay. "She has been restrained and prodded at for five Midgard months, until today."
   "What happened." Frigga whispered, wiping away her tears. "I-is she okay?"
   "Lady Jane's friend, Selvig, he saved her along with two others." Heimdall told them. "They are on their way to where Jane resides to keep Athena safe."
   Sobs of relief came from the Queen of Asgard, immediately being envelopes in a hug by Thor, who had a few tears of joy slipping down his face. "Thank you." Thor said gratefully.
   "Look out for her, will you?" Frigga told Heimdall. Heimdall Bowed his head to them.
   "I shall look out for her until we are able to retrieve her." the seer promised. With a last grateful smile sent to the man, Thor and Frigga made their way back to the Palace.
   "If only Loki was here." Frigga mumbled sadly. A familiar pain went to Thor's chest, making him blink away sad tears.
   "I know, mother." he whispered. "I know. . ."