zero

Charlotte

"You can't do that!" I yelled at my mother.

She was insane if she thought she could just randomly decide to leave.

"Charlotte what I did to your step father was terrible and I regret it. but I fell in love!" She screams back at me.

The woman was acting like a teenager. How dare she scream at me when she's the one doing the wrong thing. She was leaving me behind. Out of all people. She would give me up for a man she just met 4 months ago.

"Did you at least tell him." I say, biting down a sob.

I was never one to cry. I probably cried a total of 50 times in my life. Most of that when I was a baby but during my teenage years I probably cried once.

"How could I tell him. Hell, I wasn't even going to tell you!" She yelled.

"I hope you know that you are a horrible person. He loves you. He never did anything wrong and you are leaving him. You're disgusting." I glare at her and open the front door.

"Get out, and when your stupid little lover leaves you don't come back begging for forgiveness. And don't bother calling the house phone. Your husband might pick up." I say and she opens her arms for a hug.

"As if." I roll my eyes, a habit I have of not crying.

I close my eyes and let out a small sigh.

"Just leave Scarlett". I say, calling her by her first name.

"Charlotte please-"

"Get out." I say and she gives me a small smile.

"i love you. Goodbye." She says, walking out of the house, her suitcase rolling behind her I slam the door and keep my tears in.

I bottle up my feelings and try to change into my alter ego, it always helped.

It was somthing that made me strong, like having two personalities. my alter ego helped me contain my feelings.

I sat down on the couch and tried my best not to cry, turning on the TV and scrolling through the channels.

I heard the door close, guessing he was finally home.

"Charlotte?" he called out for me.

"In here." I yelled.

He appeared in the living room, kissing my forehead.

"How was school?" he asked and I shrug.

"fine." I said and he nodded.

"where's your Mum?" he asked me and I turned to face him.

"gone"

I watched as my Stepfather stood there, shocked, as if watching his whole world crumble.