twelve

Charlotte

"Bye dad." I yelled out, Calum ran downstairs, pressing me on the wall and kissing me gently.

"Bye, Princess. Be good for daddy." He says and my cheeks turn a crimson red, nodding I peck his lips and head out the door.

"Pull your skirt down baby." He yells out and I obey, pulling it as far as it goes.

Calum was so incredibly gorgeous.

I put my headphones in and started listening to Halsey's new album badlands.

Calum was the only thing on my mind. It was like every lyric reminds me of him. It sounds so cliché but I could care less. I was just dying to tell someone about my relationship with my stepfather but I knew I couldn't. As much as I love Michael, I knew I couldn't speak a word to him. Michael was the type of guy you could trust, but not the type of guy that lowers his voice. So I'm mostly scared that in the middle of lunch he'll accidentally yell out "wait your stepfather did what?" So before I can tell him anything I have to make sure the boy learns how to whisper.

I heard a low honk behind me and I groan, knowing its Ashton. I was not gonna lie, Ashton was hot as hell but I was no where near into him.

I didn't understand why he wouldn't just leave me alone.

"What do you want Irwin." I say and he flashes me a toothy grin.

"Get in the car." He says and I put my hands on my hips, turning off my music and glaring at him.

"What?"

"Get in the car, please Charlie." He says and I frown.

"Only Michael can call me that." I huff, opening the door and hoping in.

His convertible was so comfortable I could fall asleep in it.

"Speaking of Michael, are you guys hooking up?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"God no, he's my best friend, and he's dating Ana." I chuckle and Ashton stops at a red light and looks at me.

"Ana Rodrigo?" He asks and I nod.

"She's hot." He says starting the car again.

"She's very sweet." I nod my head and he turns the radio on, a stupid pop song plays through the speakers and I turn it off.

"Are you always so grumpy?" He asks and I slouch.

"I'm not really a morning person." I say and he giggles.

"I can tell, hey. Luke and I are having a party tonight, you should come." He says and I scoff.

"Why? So you can take advantage of me again?" I laugh even though I love parties.

"Geez, it was one time. I was drunk too." He defends and I shrug.

He was drunk so I understand.

We got to the school and I almost ran out the car but Ashton managed to grab my arm and hold me back.

"So, are you going?" He asks and I nod my head. I knew my stepfather would never let me go.

But that's why they were useful windows and trees with lots of branches, also a very sweet best friend who is willing to lie.

+

I was on the floor, going through tight dress to tight dress. I couldn't choose what to wear.