one

Calum

"Gone." Charlotte's sweet voice remained nutruel.

"what do you mean?" I ask, my heart racing. i've seen my step daughter like this, shut down, botteling up her emotions.

"Gone, she left a couple minutes ago." She says.

"Where?" I ask her and she looks back at the tv.

"India" she said and my heart dropped as the eighteen year old girl scrolled theough the chanlles as if this was nothing.

"For like a business trip?" I ask her and she turns off the TV.

"For like ever." She mocks me and my whole world stops

"what" I mumble.

"She was having an affair, she fell in love and left us both. She said she was going to send you the m divorce papers through mail." She said.

Charlotte was acting like a robot, her voice steady and her face showed no hurt at all.

"Why would she leave us?" i
I let a couple tears roll down my cheek.

"because she didn't love us." she simply said.

"you married her knowing that she was like this. she warned you and you saw it coming didn't you?" she asked and i nodded.

how could scarlett leave me to raise her child, to support both of us. how could she leave me, her husband?

"i-i, did she leave a n-note?" i ask Charlotte, looking into her hazel eyes a gold ring around her pupils.

"no, but expect phone calls, and if she asks to come back say no. I don't want to see her ever again. I hope you can respect that." she says, again her voice coming out neutral.

I nod as she walks up to her room.

I sit on the couch, tears still running down my cheeks.

how could she?

my small whimpers soon turn into sobs.

I love Scarlett.

i cant even feel anything but empty and numb.

yeah the woman was 35, making her 11 years older than me but we still loved each other with a passion. i dont understand. everything was normal, i was a good husband, made love to her almost every night and kissed her goodbye, i cared for her when she was sick and its not like my work took over me.

So I dont know why she would leave when life here was so wonderful.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear Charlotte stomping down the stairs, slipping on her leather jacket and heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask her and she whips around.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Michael." She shrugged and I shake my head.

"Your mum just left and you're going out with your friends?" I ask in disbelief.

"Look, if you want to spend he rest of your life crying over someone that left without even a goodbye then be my guest but i'd rather not mope around over someone that never loved me." She says and I cry harder.

"Charlotte my wife just left me! you can't expect me to just say 'oh well' and go on with my life! I love her. " I yell at the emotionless girl.

"Man up Hood." She blinks and opens the door, slamming it shut.

I follow behind her, my vision blurry but my body filled with anger.

She could not and will not disrespect me.

I grab her wrist and pull her into the house, ignoring her whining.

I close the door and slam her against it, pinning her wrists over her head

"Who am I?" I angrily ask her.

"Calum" she simply says and I tighten my force on her wrists, our noses brush as my eyes are glued to hers.

"Who. Am. I?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"You're my fucking dad for christ's sakes." She says, her voice angry now.

"And how do you treat your father?" I ask her and she tries to pull away I Press my hips onto hers, making sure she stops moving, brush my lips on her ear accidentally as she relaxes under me.

"How do you treat your father?" I ask and she shivers.

"With respect." she says, barely over a whisper.

"good girl." I say, letting go of her wrists. she looks down and I pick up her chin.

"Don't ever let that happen again. understood? " I say and she nods I grip her jaw tighter.

"I said understood?"

"Yes, daddy"