Chapter 35

Becky's pov.

I knew by then that it was pointless to try and negotiate with a psychopath, therefore I settled on an exasperated expression and a vexed nod of the head.

"What are you doing here?" Freen's voice was smooth and low, unbefitting of an injured and bleary patient.

"What do you mean? I have a college assignment with you, remember?"

A snicker left Freen's mouth at my words. "I'm mentally deranged Rebecca, not retarded."

I cast my eyes down to my lap, "You shouldn't use that word." I mumbled.

"What are you doing here? Here, with people like me; people you pray you never have an encounter in life." Freen paused, connecting her gaze to mine. "Rebecca, you look like I could as much as say boo, and you'd fall straight from your chair, shaking like a leaf."

My heart scuttled. I looked at Freen, my eyes moving from there to the unbothered doctor beside Freen, then settling back to her.

"You underestimate me." I kept playing with the hem of my top, voice toned down.

"You didn't choose this, did you?" Freen's face was kept impassive, yet the deep undertone in her voice made me wish that I could hide myself behind my palms. My fingers dug into each other painfully, "I'm good at what I do."

Freen remained wordless, having perceptibly caught on to my quivering tone. Her eyes, however, spoke sentences to me. It was as though Freen was saying.....'I call bullshit.' Right to my face.

"Now," I cleared my throat hastily, glancing down at Freen's bare stomach, at the gashes, "How did you get these?"

Freen smiled, "Oh, these? Ask him." She motioned with the slight tilting of her head towards the doctor. "They electrocuted me a few days ago. I honestly thought I almost died."

At this the doctor finally turned towards them, looking at me shocked face.

"That's just not true, those are old scars. Besides, electroconvulsive therapy is only administered under effects of anaesthesia, and it doesn't leave open lacerations, Ms. Chankimha." The doctor's voice was passive, bored even.

Freen's smile widened, as if the doctor had cracked some sort of a sick, deranged joke; much like herself. She turned to me, "You believe me, don't you Rebecca?"

I let out a dissonant exhale. Only if Freen Chankimha wasn't such a pretty pathological liar.

_________________________________________

A/N: i am craving some psychopath killers like Freen....😩 Vote? Comment? Follow? See yaaa <3