Chapter 15: youre doing it wrong

"You're doing it wrong," Eric says after the knife chucked into the wooden dummy. I turned and glared at him.

"Like how you're doing this relationship?" His eyes widened and he started to speak. Before he could say anything, I rolled my eyes and decided to sprint with my fellow initiates. Uriah said something as we ran through the obstacle course, which was a new workshop created by Max, but I didn't care to listen. I just wanted to run.

Anger has begun to become my best suit as of recently, but it cost me my closest friends. Except for Zania and Lynn, of course. Nobody would understand, but I suppose they would because Eric is all kinds of cruel to everybody. But his recent actions are very out of character. For example, he would constantly ask me if I decided my tattoo yet, he's going out more than he's working, and he seems more alert of everything. It's almost as if he's scared. But what would scare him, if he's already feared by everybody? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my fellow colleagues call my name. Although, it was too late because I seem to have ran into something. Or someone.

The person and I both grown in pain, but recover fast. My peers grow quiet and bug eyed. "Are you alright?" The person asked with a hand held out to me. Before I take it, I see that I have collided with Jeanine Matthews. As I'm helped to my feet, Eric comes to my side. Jeanine Matthews has eyes and ears on all of the factions, and can kill me from where I'm standing. But what is she doing here, especially where we train for the second stage? Plus, the wedding was postponed to another month.

"Yes, I am fine," I said with confidence masking my fear. "But are you alright? I totally bashed into you, and I wasn't thinking straight."

"Yes, I am quite alright," she said with a soft smile. What is she doing here? "I'm sure you all must be wondering why a person such as myself is doing in a place like this." Everyone nods in agreement like drones. "I don't mean to cause a scene, but I must borrow Eric and Luella. Lauren, you don't mind taking over the initiates?"

"No ma'am," Lauren said with a curt nod. She turns back to my colleagues and barks at them to get back to work and mind their own business. Before I took my leave with Jeanine and Eric, Lauren grabbed my forearm and pulled me close before whispering in my ear, "Be careful, Azalea. Don't be stupid and talk back. I know that's your huge weakness." I nod quietly before running to catch up with my fiancé and his boss. I really hope this meeting is only about the wedding.

(Hey guys I finally updated! And sorry it's short. I had to write it all down before it got away... Like all of my other ideas. Anyway, I was thinking about writing a smut chapter later after the meeting and stuff. But, I hope you guys liked it. Note to the readers 18+: keyword; smut)