Chapter 8: Loony Lu

My skin tingled where Eric planted his kiss and I couldn't help but smile. On the tips of my toes, I silently and slowly creep back to my bunk in the dark. A hand suddenly wraps around my wrist, causing me to gasp.

"Hey," A female voice whispers. It takes me a while to recognize that it's my cousin, Zania Sordino. "Where did you come from? I was kind of worried because you were gone for more than an hour."

"Eric's." I respond with hesitation.

"Seriously? Wow." She says with a flat tone. This causes me to roll my eyes. I pause for her to register my response. "Wait.. Eric's... OH MY GOD!"

"SHHH!!!!" I shush her by slamming my hand onto her mouth, her voice now muffled. "Calm down, we didn't do anything. Let me in and I'll tell you everything." I feel her nod her head in agreement. She then scoots over and I slide in. After we're snug and facing each other, she giggles quietly.

"So are you going to tell me the details or what?" She pokes me hard in the stomach. I smack her hand away before I clear my throat.

"Okay, so after I left the dorm I started to head towards The Pit-"

"But I thought you sai-"

"Yeah, it's getting there so please shut up before I decide to leave and stay over at Eric's for the rest of the night." This shuts her up and the boiling feeling of irritation inside of my chest goes away. "Anyway, I changed my mind and headed towards Eric's apartment. There, he gave me some tea and let me rant. Skipping to the journey back, I almost fell off of the Chasm but Eric saved me and gave me a kiss right outside the dorms. Happy now?"

"Very." With that, she turns her back towards me and instantly fell asleep. I smile whilst shaking my head at her before dozing off. That night, I dreamt of when Eric kissed me. Then, the dream ends with a long and full kiss on the lips as the Amity priest pronounces us as husband and wife.

The next thing I know, I'm waking up to a loud banging noise. My eyes snapped open a little too early as the lights turned on. I groaned as I shut my eyes in pain from the lights blinding me temporarily. The banging continues as I hear the rest of the initiates mumbling and sitting up on their bunks or cots. I rubbed my eyes open to see Lauren standing on one of the steps near the switch.

"Time to get up. You have 30 minutes to get dressed and go down to the cafeteria. After breakfast, meet me at the indoor gun range. You know where that is.." And with that, Lauren left the dorm and shut the door behind her. We all groaned as we get up and change into different clothes. We all took showers the night before, so I didn't feel too gross. I grabbed a pair of leather leggings, a black t-shirt, and my favorite combat boots. After stealthily changing into the outfit I picked out, I went over to the mirror. I try not to touch my hair as much while deciding what hairstyle to do, because it will start looking greasy and that is not cute. I braid my bangs and secure it with an elastic that I wrapped around my finger the night before. Then, I collect the rest of my hair into a high ponytail that's a little bit to the side. I fluff my hair a little bit, and saunter towards my cousin.

She's wearing the same thing as me, except she's wearing a beautiful maroon tee. She gives me a bright smile when she noticed my presence. Zania looks me up and down and smirks.

"Looking good, Luella." She said as she playfully nudged my shoulder.

"You too," I said as I nudged her back. We both giggled as we wrapped our arms around each other's shoulders. The both of us sauntered out of the dorms and started heading into the direction of the cafeteria. The transfer initiates stole glances at us more than the average person would. With every step we took, a slight breeze made our hair blow back a little bit, which made me feel infinite and powerful. Seeing those weak transfers cower before the Dauntless born was thrilling and a little funny.