Chapter Thirteen: Thanksgiving

*this chapter was meant to be put up on thanksgiving*

It has been a few weeks after what has happened between me and Eric, but I still haven't let that go.

"Hey babe," said Eric as he swooped his arms around me before giving me a peck on the back of my head. Okay, well I let it go, but I'm still jumpy when his face gets too close.

"Hey," I respond as I flipped through the pages, looking for the perfect tattoo. As of today, I'm going to get my first tattoo ever and I want it to be special. Today is also the last day of initiation, so I wanted a tattoo to symbolize what I had before I go factionless. I'm not at the bottom, I'm at the top actually, but I can't let my guard down since there has been a couple deaths here and there. Also, my two other cousins became factionless last week. I have also noticed that Peter dude has been acting weird lately. I don't suppose it's him that causes all of the deaths and drop outs. Tris is second and I fear for her safety.

"What do you think you want to get?" Eric whispered in my ear as I leaned back into his strong hold. The feeling of his touch almost made me feel safe again, just like everything was before that one night. Well, almost. It's the thought of him and Peter fitting the suspected mastermind of all the crazy things. I shake the idea from my head, but the cold feeling lingers before I focus back to reality.

"I honestly don't know," I whisper, enjoying the feeling of Eric's fingertips ghosting over the bare skin of my faint six pack.

"It's really easy," he said as he rested his chin over the top of my head. "Just pick one that you like most. I suggest the peacock."

I then put the book down and turned to face him with arms crossed playfully over my chest. "Easy for you to say. You must have at least a hundred of those."
He chuckled and pulled me in for a kiss, which I excepted and returned. At the moment it was meaningless, I only rolled my eyes and stared at the wall behind him. I blinked when he pulled away, and put on a fake smile.

"Come on," he said while nodding in the direction behind him, "the Thanksgiving dinner is about to start in a few minutes."

"Alright, see you at the dining hall," I said kissing his cheek, most definitely eager to escape his presence. My heart sank to my stomach when his hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He said, "I thought we were eating at the same table?" Meaning a table far from my friends, and somewhere on the second level near my parents, but not close at all.

"I'm going to have a chat with my parents, I haven't seen them in a while." I lied, or maybe not. I might see them later tonight but not have the chance to talk to them. Eric nodded and let go. I walked away, silently wishing I could sprint without making it look suspicious. I walked over to my parent's apartment, and knocked loudly on the door. No surprise, they opened it.

We shared a small chat before I was shooed out of the apartment out of excitement. Of course dinner was boring, I didn't see my friends and barely saw my parents. The only people we talked to were the few leaders of Dauntless coming over sharing plans and reports about the whole initiation thing. I was just glad I didn't have to talk the rest of the time.

(Uggggh sorry guys for the crap chapter but I'm going to update a better one in a few)