11 | HELP

Does he know who I am?

There's no way, though, right? How on earth could he have possibly figured that out? I've always been so fucking careful, so good at covering my tracks and ensuring I had no witnesses. How could this guy possibly know who I am, let alone who Willow is? Could it have been a coincidence?

No. There's absolutely no way. Willow had to have lost the necklace at the store, because she tore apart the basement looking for it. So, for him to have gotten it, he would've had to have been following her. Also, his victim was seventeen. The same age as Willow. Not to mention, very high profile, just like Willow, although it's quite unlikely he could know her real identity.

The girl also looks similar to Willow, though not by much. It's all scarily familiar, and I can't breathe. Looking down at this girl, I can't... I can't help the images that flash through my mind of Willow in the same situation.

Willow, dissected. Willow, tortured. Willow, unrecognizable.

It all causes an emotion I've never felt before, and therefore can't identify. It translates mostly into rage, but I'm unsettled. This man has been following Willow, which means he likely knows who I am. Her necklace on this body must've been some sort of warning, right?

She must be his next target, or something along those lines. That's... that concept... I can't handle it. I cannot handle something like this happening to Willow, all because of me. I've never felt this much in my life, what I'm experiencing right now. The rage, the hatred, the fear. I do not appreciate everything that has been getting to me lately, but this takes the cake.

He knows about Willow. So, he probably knows about the storage facility. It's impossible he'd be able to get in... probably, but still. She has a tendency to leave and not always tell me.

I know what I have to do.

The autopsy is excruciating, and Kristy is visibly shaken by it all. By the time we finish everything, it's about midnight, but there does happen to be one good thing that comes out of it:

DNA.

We are able to find some. I figured that if he kept on sexually assaulting his victims, we would eventually get something, and despite how horrible it all is... we finally did. The way in which we had to acquire it makes me want to burn the city to the ground, but maybe it's a step to keeping it from happening to another innocent girl.

Anyway, I get out of there at about midnight—thankful I get to leave early after coming in early, since that's not always the case. As soon as I'm out of there, I am heading straight to the facility, praying I'll find Willow safe and sound.

Fortunately, I do.

Unfortunately, she will not be happy with me.

As soon as I step through the door, I find Willow lounging in her beanbag chair, on her phone. She glances up at my entrance, then back down at her phone, but I don't stand around. Immediately, I'm walking toward her.